Home

If EA got rid of that stupid jump the snap

This is a discussion on If EA got rid of that stupid jump the snap within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: If EA got rid of that stupid jump the snap

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Total gimmick feature that must be removed. Almost every play is a "jumped snap" or false start or offsides. Then you have to watch the ref do his little thing for an hour and a half and then finally back to the line to do it all over again.

Total arcade, gimmick feature.
I don't believe I could disagree with this opinion more.

It's not arcade. I've seen multiple times, first hand from field level, defensive linemen jump snaps in college and in the NFL. I've even seen it at the high school level.

I've played 50+ games with NCAA '13 and have never had an issue with the CPU jumping the snap "85%" of the time. Sure they do it, but I either don't notice it or they don't do it very well. I've probably had 5 total plays blown up due to linemen that jumped the snap.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
Rookie

riggs6taters's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I don't believe I could disagree with this opinion more.

It's not arcade. I've seen multiple times, first hand from field level, defensive linemen jump snaps in college and in the NFL. I've even seen it at the high school level.

I've played 50+ games with NCAA '13 and have never had an issue with the CPU jumping the snap "85%" of the time. Sure they do it, but I either don't notice it or they don't do it very well. I've probably had 5 total plays blown up due to linemen that jumped the snap.
Yea I've seen a d-linemen blow up a play but this game takes it waaaaay too far.

IMO it's a gimmick but to each his own
Old 08-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #19
Rookie

Str0mTropper's Arena

CPU jumps the snap on me 4 times a guy or less because I know how to change the snap count. and when they do jump it I snap the ball and get a free play.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Yea I've seen a d-linemen blow up a play but this game takes it waaaaay too far.

IMO it's a gimmick but to each his own
Well that's because you don't vary your snap counts and the computer is punishing you for being predictable.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:03 PM   #21
Banned

Gator Swag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayenomics
Right, BUT if you vary the count they won't Jump the Snap more then a couple times a game
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't like cpu had pre determined times where they are gonna jump the snap. If the cpu actually reacted to how you did your snap count, but no it's just random when they decide to jump the snap and it's always on the first fake.

If that made sense how I described it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #22
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Swag
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't like cpu had pre determined times where they are gonna jump the snap. If the cpu actually reacted to how you did your snap count, but no it's just random when they decide to jump the snap and it's always on the first fake.

If that made sense how I described it lol
I guess we play completely different games, or some of us have a better grasp on how to draw the computer offsides.

To me, it's not jumping the snap. It's my own personally free 5 yards in a hard situation, get first down card. I don't think I've had my QB/RB blown up but a handful of times in offline and online games.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #23
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I think EA should make the Game Plan tab optional. That way gamers have MORE choices. I dislike jump the snap and especially the protect the ball option since it basically eliminates fumbles when set to conservative
Old 08-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boritter
I think EA should make the Game Plan tab optional. That way gamers have MORE choices. I dislike jump the snap and especially the protect the ball option since it basically eliminates fumbles when set to conservative

wouldn't a concerted effort to protect the ball eliminate fumbles in real life too?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »