Home

Long Ball Still Works...

This is a discussion on Long Ball Still Works... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #41
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Long Ball Still Works...

I'm still not seeing that much of an issue. Maybe it's because I have my CPU Pass Coverage slider jacked up and the USER Pass block way down on Heisman to give less time in the pocket, but the few times I completed a deep pass last night in my 2 games, I was tackled by a safety about 2 steps later. I did complete one deep bomb for a TD, but the safety slipped in the snow and got burned. Otherwise, I'm just not seeing a "TD every single time I throw deep" issue. I'm sorry to those that are having a problem though, that must really stink for you.

I AM seeing a CPU QB Acc issue. They complete EVERYTHING. To the point where I had to drop the CPU WR CTH slider quite a bit to even it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #42
All Star

orion523's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I'm still not seeing that much of an issue. Maybe it's because I have my CPU Pass Coverage slider jacked up and the USER Pass block way down on Heisman to give less time in the pocket, but the few times I completed a deep pass last night in my 2 games, I was tackled by a safety about 2 steps later. I did complete one deep bomb for a TD, but the safety slipped in the snow and got burned. Otherwise, I'm just not seeing a "TD every single time I throw deep" issue. I'm sorry to those that are having a problem though, that must really stink for you.

I AM seeing a CPU QB Acc issue. They complete EVERYTHING. To the point where I had to drop the CPU WR CTH slider quite a bit to even it out.
You know I hate to even get dragged into these kind of go nowhere discussions because there will always be a certain segment who continually look to find problems instead of solutions just so they can complain about them. I'll never understand this fascination with complaint and negativity especially when in the end the choice not to buy always exists.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9

Because some things are impossible to fix ... If you start messing with sliders, its going to hurt other aspects of the game ... For example, raise CPU pass rush, lower human pass rush, lower speed, and the result? CPU players get in faster and a lot of routes become borderline useless because of the speed required to make them work.

Its hard enough to get sliders to work, forget compensating for a serious AI glitch.

This thread wasn't to bitch by the OP, just to point out that the glitch/issue is still present and needs to be addressed. You like to see your players succeeding because you had the right play call, etc., not because the defender frequently reacts in absurd ways to certain plays.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortobc
Teams don't throw 5 +50 yard TD passes in one game on a regular basis.
I beg to differ. Teams that chuck it around all game long do put up numbers like that. What sport are you watching? Symons threw for 5,800 yards in 2003. Brennan threw 58 TDs in 2006. The record for TD passes in a half is friggin' seven, and its been done multiple times.

I swear, it's the weirdest thing - broadcasters and analysts still use the phrase "those are video game numbers" when referring to certain players and teams; yet guys who are playing a video game complain when they throw for 5 tds a game? What's going on here?

Philosophically, when I play, I'm trying to go 18 of 21 for 189 yards and 2 TDs or something, ya know? With you, it's like you're running this pass-happy, chuck-it-deep-all-game philosophy, then you're pissed when you throw for a lot of yards and a lot of TDs?

You don't want Hawaii, Houston or Texas Tech-type passing stats, stop running an offense that gives those kind of passing numbers. I think that's more the idea when people suggest you change up which plays you're calling if you don't like the result you're getting.

There was a time when "sim" meant playing in a manner that yielded realistic results; it had everything to do with the gamer and nothing to do with the game. Now it seems like something that "isn't sim" is related directly to the game and has nothing to do with the user. Odd turn of events.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 PM   #45
Banned

MarylandMan's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
I beg to differ. Teams that chuck it around all game long do put up numbers like that. What sport are you watching? Symons threw for 5,800 yards in 2003. Brennan threw 58 TDs in 2006. The record for TD passes in a half is friggin' seven, and its been done multiple times.

I swear, it's the weirdest thing - broadcasters and analysts still use the phrase "those are video game numbers" when referring to certain players and teams; yet guys who are playing a video game complain when they throw for 5 tds a game? What's going on here?

Philosophically, when I play, I'm trying to go 18 of 21 for 189 yards and 2 TDs or something, ya know? With you, it's like you're running this pass-happy, chuck-it-deep-all-game philosophy, then you're pissed when you throw for a lot of yards and a lot of TDs?

You don't want Hawaii, Houston or Texas Tech-type passing stats, stop running an offense that gives those kind of passing numbers. I think that's more the idea when people suggest you change up which plays you're calling if you don't like the result you're getting.

There was a time when "sim" meant playing in a manner that yielded realistic results; it had everything to do with the gamer and nothing to do with the game. Now it seems like something that "isn't sim" is related directly to the game and has nothing to do with the user. Odd turn of events.
I agree with you man. I do run the pass heavy Air Raid. I love the 5 wr sets. However, I also realize I will not have great rpushing stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 4

The first week of release someone threw five TDs from 40 plus yards against me but after that game it has not happen again. I believe playing the right defense and putting pressure on QB has something to do with it. Zone will never be perfect.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-17-2012, 10:04 PM   #47
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Nail. On. The. Head. Kudos, sir, you point it most elegant.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:54 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:

The reality is that in this game, its not impossible to consistently go 18/23 for 400+ yards and 5 TDs ... It has nothing to do with running a sling it all over kind of offense, but the fact that THE GAME AI WITH SAFETY PLAY IS BROKEN. The safeties frequently suffer from trailing the play or simply not moving until the ball is in the air, in which the WR is long gone. That has nothing to do with the offense I'm running but the reaction from the defense. If the defense properly reacted and the long TD's ensued, it would be a different story. It would actually be scoring because of good offense as opposed to bad AI.

It has nothing to do with me trying to go big, but rather I see my WR streaking wide open downfield so I throw it to them, and when I see the replay later I see it is directly related to the fact the safety and corner watch as the WR runs right on by, and they say "I dare you Mr. QB to burn me," which can be done every time. The role of the safety is to keep the play in front of them, which never happens, and when they do get burned, it isn't by a step, but typically 5-10 yards, a few times a quarter. Should I not run PA pass with a streak, because frequently on these routes you can see the open guy going downfield, except hard to hit him consistently due to the difficulty to complete PA without getting crushed.

So before you tell me to run a different offense, realize that I hardly run plays with more than one WR going 15+ downfield and that I like to pass it short and control the clock, but sometimes it is too hard to ignore an open man downfield. I run all different plays, so its not like I run "money plays." Should I not pass it to the open guy? And can I not point out it is a problem that my guys are always SO OPEN?

Last edited by rjsuperfly66; 08-17-2012 at 10:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »