Home

Long Ball Still Works...

This is a discussion on Long Ball Still Works... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #57
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Long Ball Still Works...

QB screen sacks , QB acc and this issue are my main issues with the game. I don`t understand how EA didn`t fix these.

IMO these are the biggest issues with gameplay this year.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 2

because in real life safeties don't cheat up and get burnt....

try starting the game passing deep, it won't work. it only works after you've gotten the defense to play up towards the line and get more aggressive.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #59
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteXavier
because in real life safeties don't cheat up and get burnt....

try starting the game passing deep, it won't work. it only works after you've gotten the defense to play up towards the line and get more aggressive.
And unfortunately it continues even after you start beating them deep. The second half is always worse.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
And unfortunately it continues even after you start beating them deep. The second half is always worse.
true, but that has been a momentum problem in the game for years. Once you ruin a player (turn them blue) they will never play well again unless they luckily make a big play.

Users can "bounce" back because a user will get a pick, or TD, or make an exceptional play, but AI doesn't have a recover feature.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 PM   #61
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I wish there was a rating for long throw accuracy. I know it's a band-aid approach but the QB ratings in Madden are badly needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 03:24 PM   #62
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
true, but that has been a momentum problem in the game for years. Once you ruin a player (turn them blue) they will never play well again unless they luckily make a big play.

Users can "bounce" back because a user will get a pick, or TD, or make an exceptional play, but AI doesn't have a recover feature.
That isn't it. The CPU will simply continue to set their zone to aggressive, and they do it often. I played a game a while back where the CPU did this on 4 consecutive drives in the 2nd half when I was only running 1-2 "normal" plays in between.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:

Its not the players getting beat, its the aggressive zone gimmick gameplan. The receivers on Heisman are 15 yards behind everybody all the time. Its not like the receiver went up and got the ball over the safety and now the safety is holding his head low and worried they are going to pick on him again because the receiver is too athletic.

The Saftey is in no man's land eating a Jimmy John Sub while the receiver scores at will. If it was a real game, you'd think the fix was on. Western Michigan throwing TD after TD over the Alabama secondary while the saftey is nowhere to be found.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
That isn't it. The CPU will simply continue to set their zone to aggressive, and they do it often. I played a game a while back where the CPU did this on 4 consecutive drives in the 2nd half when I was only running 1-2 "normal" plays in between.
That definitely isn't it, and I wrote in a thread on the sliders yesterday about how I feel like I cheat the game at times.

For example, the other day I'm facing #22 Georgia Tech with my #21 Boston College. They have shut me done all day, because I try to run a balanced attack. Well when I get the ball down 10-0 with 1:50 left, I need to start airing it out. Except they keep blitzing and bringing heat, and I get a few big plays, including a 35 yard pass down the sideline where my guy stepped out of bounds but they brought like 7 guys for pressure. Anyways, I score a TD on a slant route and I now trail 10-7 with roughly 45 seconds left. I kick off the ball because I have all 3 timeouts and I stop them easily because they are an option team and it is pretty easy to use strategy and stop the option. So they punt to me and I get the ball at my 30 with about 26 seconds left. I launch into the Stick play with the slant on one side and the guy running deep on the other, which looks like the guy deep will have a big gain but the QB goes into his exaggerated motion and I end up getting sacked. I get the team back to the line and spike the ball, so there is about 5-6 seconds, and I NEED to run a Hail Mary or 4 Verts type play because I need a TD.

The Hail Mary pops up and I choose that play. I hike the ball, I watch the D-line start to push through, and I launch it up. My 3 WR's are all behind the safeties in the PREVENT defense, running towards the ball. My WR catches it with a slight stutter, and takes off. 3 guys close the gap and dive for him but he beats them all to the end zone for a TD. When he caught the ball there wasn't a defensive player within 6-8 yards of him.

The problem, it happens all the time. The safeties run in while in a prevent rather than step back and lead the receivers which they do in real life. They run up and the WR runs right by them. This doesn't happen every time but it does happen a lot. Usually if you don't time it up right it ends up an INT because the WR has to slow down for the pass and the defender catches up and makes the leaping INT.

Its sad because that really is a game-changing glitch. A game I should have lost or at least really have to make an amazing catch and run ends up feeling cheap. Its sad because it really breaks the game for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »