Home

Pass Coverage is NOT Sim!

This is a discussion on Pass Coverage is NOT Sim! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2012, 06:38 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Pass Coverage is NOT Sim!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
People complain to much when its a challenge. What fun is it to be able to complete 90% of your passes. Learn to mix plays up online if you can't run slants on a certain D your opponents running.

I for one am glad passing is harder this year. Last year I could take a D- school and throw for over 500 against an A+ school just using coach pick.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
It's not complaining when you have Robert Woods (93 OVR) from USC being blanketed by an 80 OVR rated CB from USF anytime I run 2 man under versus the CPU with Barkley. 2 man under clearly is too powerful. An elite WR should still be able to beat an avg to poor CB on a drag or slant if you abuse this defense
Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #18
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
So I am curious, for anyone who has had the chance to test it, does messing with the pass coverage (or even interception) sliders help fix this at all?
Ive adjusted PCV sliders, reduced MCV and ACC for CBs and they were still able to stay tight on the elite WRs. The only thing Im left to do (besides trade it in lol) is to not run 2 man under and only run Cover 1 man. That's the only answer I have unless someone else has a better answer
Old 08-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
Rookie

Slim4824's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
It's not complaining when you have Robert Woods (93 OVR) from USC being blanketed by an 80 OVR rated CB from USF anytime I run 2 man under versus the CPU with Barkley. 2 man under clearly is too powerful. An elite WR should still be able to beat an avg to poor CB on a drag or slant if you abuse this defense
Just because someone is higher rated doesn't mean they should beat the cb every time. Or more than 50% of the time for that matter. Games would be decided before they even started in that case. OVR isn't the whole picture either. A cb could be low because there zone coverage is really low but man coverage is fairly high. Football is more than just he's better so he's going to do better this game.

Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
It is horrible online that cvr 2 man can stop every pass...
I played as West Virginia (who has very good WR's) vs. Penn St. and he ran the 3-2-6 man cover 2 with a spy and I swear to god not one receiver could get open no matter what play I ran. It gets old when you see the defender running in front of the receiver on a crossing route every time or a LB "knowing" I'm running an out and just explodes to the outside to undercut it.......
Old 08-18-2012, 08:47 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
Just because someone is higher rated doesn't mean they should beat the cb every time. Or more than 50% of the time for that matter. Games would be decided before they even started in that case. OVR isn't the whole picture either. A cb could be low because there zone coverage is really low but man coverage is fairly high. Football is more than just he's better so he's going to do better this game.

Not going to argue with you because I agree with you on one point. "because someone is higher rated doesn't mean they should beat the cb every time" this statement is very true. However, the reasonsdefenses play zone coverage coverage is due to the fact that their average cornerback are being beaten by good routes from elite WRs 60-80% of the time.

When you play this game, you see the average CB winning these one-on-one battles when running 2 man under 80% of the time. So I just cant agree that this is an actual representation of the sport or how this game should play based on ratings. Not only does this ruin the "realism" of the game but I can take teams like Wyoming and beat USC on a regular basis on heisman running 2 man under defense. Does this happen in real life...No!!!

Does Wyoming run man coverage playing against elite WRs...NO!!! They run zone to protect their Cbs and limit big plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2012, 08:52 PM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomymac23
Okay I'm hoping I'm not the only one seeing this but if so it's totally cool. I am tired of pre-patch and post patch the DB (on the same defensive play) being able to stop both the slant route and the out route that's thrown at the right moment when the receiver breaks open. What the h#$% is going on with this game! That's passing 1-0-1. If you throw the ball correctly in man to man coverage its only up to the rec. to catch the ball if the pass is put in the correct location.
I'm also tired of the DB's, Safeties, and LB's moving faster than my star receiver and breaking in and out of cuts 3 to 4 times faster than my receiver or tightend. I just dont get it. Either make it so all players are on equal footing or stop the DBs from being so far away and breaking on the play to intercept the ball from 5 sometimes 7 yards away, only to have my rec. start moving at a snails pace so as to allow the defense to catch up make the pick oh and yeah score a touchdown. Pick 6's are terrible and they happen to much. Come on EA get your S*&# together and patch the offensive players to have as much if not more speed coming out of their break as the defense!

TMAC
By the way tomymac, if youre still interested in a solution to this issue, I actually deleted all title updates to start from square 1. And what do you know, mirroring by the CBs was only happening 5-10% of the time. Try deleting the title and tuning updates and let me know what you think. I can throw some youtube videos up if you want to show the difference btw updates (DB mirroring) and no updates (drastic reduction in db mirroring for 2 man under defense)
Old 08-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #23
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
So what's the solution? We can debate all day about the realism and percentages, but how do we fix it?

The 5-10% from pre-patch was far to easy as a user passing. However, the constant blanket coverage post-patch makes it far too easy defensively. So, what do we do?

My first suggestion is that everyone play on Heisman. I have not played Heisman very much priot to this year, but was thrust into two leagues playing it. Guess what? I love it!

You get far better play calling from the CPU and a better overall game on Heisman. Yes, there will be some frustrating moments, but you can level most of that out with good sliders. Plus, you get the benefit of having to play on the hardest level which, in turn, helps your overall game.

Online - The simple solution is to run. Spread 'em out and pound 'em up the middle. It may not be how you want to play, but if you want to win you have to adjust to the circumstances in front of you. You wouldn't stay in a 4-4 if your opponent is coming out in five wide, so why would you try to force passing if he's just going to spam 2-man under?

The funny thing about that strategy is, you will force him either to blitz, abandoning the under D, or play zone to contain the run. Now you're back to playing football : )

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website

Last edited by majesty95; 08-19-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just played a game Michigan-Ohio State and the CB's played just fine like they did pre-patch. I am not sure what the big deal is. If you force passes which I did then you will see the CB read and react to the forced pass. I threw 3 interceptions forcing it between CB and Safety and each time I looked in replay the CB turned to the ball with proper technique and attacked the back. My WR jumped as well but, the pass was overthrown and intercepted just lick real life. I see so many here complaining about robo CB's ext but, we got what we asked for read and react CB play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »