Home

New Notre Dame Uniforms

This is a discussion on New Notre Dame Uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #9
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New Notre Dame Uniforms

I like the the gloves & the helmet would be good if it the left side was same as the right side.
As for the uni itself, I could do without.
Old 08-20-2012, 12:16 AM   #10
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2

They're straight up horrible. Not sure what design firm created them for ND, but I being a graphic designer and ND fan could have done a better job. Hell, someone off the street probably could have. These things need to be tossed on a fire after the game. I understand their feeling they want to do some new stuff to keep up with the Oregon's of the world, but c'mon...at least design something that makes sense. Like for example, they could have kept the uni the same gold and blue we use now and put the interlocking ND on the helmet. Subtle, but classy. Or, put the Leprechaun on the helmet...just on both sides in full color. I like the gloves, but the uni here looks too much like Missouri and the helmet is just atrocious.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

AWFUL.

The Irish are one of a dozen teams or so that have classic,perfect uniforms as they are.I also hated those new helmets they had last year.Notre Dame is all about its great Traditon... this is ugly as sin and not even like an updated version of the classic uniforms.

I wonder what Knute Rockne would think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #12
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

I hope they are never available anywhere - they are terrible.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Rookie

Bcolt93's Arena

OVR: 5

i hate these helmets. Love the jerseys and think the pants are cool, but the helmets are just awful. I get changing up the uniforms every once and awhile but the helmets need to be all gold. i know in the past they've had a white strip on them but for the most part they have always been gold. Hopefully next year's Shamrock Series unis dont suck

Old 08-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #14
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshTray
AWFUL.

The Irish are one of a dozen teams or so that have classic,perfect uniforms as they are.I also hated those new helmets they had last year.Notre Dame is all about its great Traditon... this is ugly as sin and not even like an updated version of the classic uniforms.

I wonder what Knute Rockne would think?
knute would say we suck, we need to get better recruits. Get some unis the players like. WE gotta get on top. the fans dont have to wear them so Who cares what they think. We need the players to think we are cool again. Right now we just seem like the old white mans school.

I spent a alomst 6 years recruiting or scouting and a year in front office. These design firms that are used know how to reach the kids. Look at Oregon, national recruiting just off facilities and uni's. Things like this are for the players and to get players. Players have a different mind set these days. for some reason vanity has become very important to them. I dont like it. im sure most of you don't. but this works and ND needs it. Maryland had some wild uni's last year. IM a little old to really like them plus im not from maryland so the flag thing didnt really reach me. Looked like European soccer unis. THe kids loved them, the recruits loved them. Young america loved them. IDK why but they did. ITs just the way it is. If you love your team, then realize that this stuff works and is needed and go along with it. the traditional unis will still be used.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

I hated them at first but i'd be lying if i said they weren't starting to grow on me. It's just a one time thing anyway.

PSN Username: Smoothzilla
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
knute would say we suck, we need to get better recruits. Get some unis the players like. WE gotta get on top. the fans dont have to wear them so Who cares what they think. We need the players to think we are cool again. Right now we just seem like the old white mans school.

I spent a alomst 6 years recruiting or scouting and a year in front office. These design firms that are used know how to reach the kids. Look at Oregon, national recruiting just off facilities and uni's. Things like this are for the players and to get players. Players have a different mind set these days. for some reason vanity has become very important to them. I dont like it. im sure most of you don't. but this works and ND needs it. Maryland had some wild uni's last year. IM a little old to really like them plus im not from maryland so the flag thing didnt really reach me. Looked like European soccer unis. THe kids loved them, the recruits loved them. Young america loved them. IDK why but they did. ITs just the way it is. If you love your team, then realize that this stuff works and is needed and go along with it. the traditional unis will still be used.
I agree with this. I'm old school and like the traditional uniforms, but the kids apparently really like this alternate uniform stuff. Its hard to imagine, but having the perfect alternate uniform could actually be a deciding factor for a kid, all things being equal.

I'd rather ND doesn't add a jumbotron or use alternate uniforms outside of the green jersey once a year, but Kelly is moving ND into modern times. Its not about the fans, its about the kids and if using these gimmick uniforms gets the best kids, the fans won't care what the uniforms look like if ND gets back to national prominance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »