Home

New Notre Dame Uniforms

This is a discussion on New Notre Dame Uniforms within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 12:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: New Notre Dame Uniforms

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
knute would say we suck, we need to get better recruits. Get some unis the players like. WE gotta get on top. the fans dont have to wear them so Who cares what they think. We need the players to think we are cool again. Right now we just seem like the old white mans school.

I spent a alomst 6 years recruiting or scouting and a year in front office. These design firms that are used know how to reach the kids. Look at Oregon, national recruiting just off facilities and uni's. Things like this are for the players and to get players. Players have a different mind set these days. for some reason vanity has become very important to them. I dont like it. im sure most of you don't. but this works and ND needs it. Maryland had some wild uni's last year. IM a little old to really like them plus im not from maryland so the flag thing didnt really reach me. Looked like European soccer unis. THe kids loved them, the recruits loved them. Young america loved them. IDK why but they did. ITs just the way it is. If you love your team, then realize that this stuff works and is needed and go along with it. the traditional unis will still be used.
You've got a pretty good point,and yes I did think of the recruiting angle. Just my personal opinion is that those things are hideous.I guess I'm also a little too old to like some of the newer uniforms that are coming out these days,but yes I do get the recruiting angle and it is a very good point.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

College football has turned into a fashion show.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #19
Rookie

sub9er's Arena

OVR: 4

more like an abomination
Old 08-21-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

I really liked the old uniforms better, but I'm sure that the new uniforms will be seen in the shop soon. My bet is that they will come out one week before they are seen in a real game.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #21
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll edit this now that I've calmed down. But I will say that shooting down any opinion I have simply because I'm an Oregon fan is pretty immature and pathetic. I personally don't feel that a schools tradition should be based in their uniforms. I think that it should be seen as much more than that, and I believe that people are overreacting considering these will only be used for one game, and the student athletes are looking forward to and I'm sure will enjoy wearing them. Which is the most important thing. People often forget that this isn't professional football and that beyond that this is just a sport. And these are just kids. They want to look cool, and be different sometimes. It's a great recruiting tool for any university in this modern era of college athletics.

Last edited by GoDucks1224; 08-23-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #22
Rookie

sub9er's Arena

OVR: 4

just what you would expect an oregon fan to say on this matter

Old 08-22-2012, 01:52 AM   #23
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
People need to get over the fact that college football is becoming more modern. Young athletes LIKE new uniforms. GET OVER IT. They like change. They like to wear something that they think looks cool every now and again. A schools tradition isn't based on the ****ing piece of clothing they wear. It's what they've done historically. And a mentality. Get over yourselves. It's good that ND is branching out and trying to do something to spice things up a bit. Wearing the same damn uniform every game for a hundred years gets boring as hell. And you can keep calling it a fashion show all you want, but young athletes love it, and they still play damn good football whether they have a different uniform or not. So shut the hell up. You don't like it, don't watch the game. Problem solved.
Old 08-22-2012, 02:24 PM   #24
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
People need to get over the fact that college football is becoming more modern. Young athletes LIKE new uniforms. GET OVER IT. They like change. They like to wear something that they think looks cool every now and again. A schools tradition isn't based on the ****ing piece of clothing they wear. It's what they've done historically. And a mentality. Get over yourselves. It's good that ND is branching out and trying to do something to spice things up a bit. Wearing the same damn uniform every game for a hundred years gets boring as hell. And you can keep calling it a fashion show all you want, but young athletes love it, and they still play damn good football whether they have a different uniform or not. So shut the hell up. You don't like it, don't watch the game. Problem solved.
grow up man, no one was going off the handle till you got here. chill out big time. Tradition is uniforms and helmet and colors, so dont even go there. Tell me the michagan helment isnt tradition. tell me the gold that goes into ND helmets painted by students isnt tradition. HOw about all whites for LSU on sat nights? Uniforms with no names on the back. these are traditions. just like oregons tradition of letting the players pick what they wear for each game. that has become a tradition and a recruiting tool. WHy would teams wear throwbacks if it didnt have to do with tradition and what was done by the team when they wore those. I dont think that ND's uni's are boring, actually i though they were so amazing and really have the look of college football. but I completly get why they got new ones. but all that aside, your attitude needs a big reajustment.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »