Home

Pet peeves

This is a discussion on Pet peeves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Pet peeves

I wish EAS would realize that on fumbles offensive players VERY rarely scoop and run. They are taught to fall on the ball. Defensive players are taught to scoop.

I am sick of seeing my DE plaster the QB, force a fumble and an OL comes in scoops it up to turn a 10-yard loss into a 4-yard loss.
My NCAA Football online forum lineage goes back to DaBirk and the ORIGINAL NCAA Strategies. I've been playing football video games since the Atari 400 -- in other words, probably before YOU WERE BORN! I am old-school.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
Rookie

noles367's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Pet peeves

Haha especially when an OL tries to be a hero. They'll scoop it up and run all of 3 yards only to fumble again because they're ratings are so low.

My pet peeve is FB run blocking. Too many times I'll hit a hole with space and instead of taking the only man I have to beat, the FB will stop in front of me and attempt to block someone else behind the LOS causing me to get tackled immediately.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #3
Banned

dingleberryfinn's Arena

OVR: 7

seein' a team with FCS East, or such, on their schedule.
I wish EA would reward the last 8 FCS teams left in the playoffs from the year before in place of FCS South, West, & the rest.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 PM   #4
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Seeing defensive backs drop easy interceptions. Especially those 5 yard lobs that sometimes just bounce right off their hands. C'mon man If I could make that catch so can a d1 player lol
Old 08-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
Pro

Td1984's Arena

OVR: 13

My main issue is the freezing of the picture (where it freezes for a split second, runs properly for a split second, freezes up again, etc), especially when I drop back to throw. That throws me off a bit.

Also the canned animations where I'm in the process of throwing but gee, a defender is right there so I have to be locked into a sack animation when he's still a yard away.
MLB: Twins, Dodgers
NFL: Vikings
MLS: Minnesota United
Premier League: Manchester United
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
I know this was talked about in regards to your fullback, but when your offensive line doesn't block the one guy you need them too. You could be running a counter and you have one guy too beat and you have the offensive guard in front of you. Then he decides, "oh look the cornerback 30 yards away from the play is running at my guy, better block him" and then you are left all by yourself and gain one yard when you could have gained 20.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #7
Rookie

justinturner54's Arena

OVR: 0

Mine is probably the sack animation where the qb escapes but the animation takes forever and the qb won't respond to me so I end up taking a sack and also I have a scrambling qb and he can never make it through a game without sitting out a few plays bc he gets hurt lame
Old 08-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #8
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Star HB getting injured for 9 weeks at the start of every season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »