Home

EA should at least address this no huddle mess

This is a discussion on EA should at least address this no huddle mess within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: EA should at least address this no huddle mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
I didn't need the new patches because I wasn't having freezing issues, how can I delete them and go to the out of the box game? PS3 by the way
i'm on xbox but i suspect the process is similar. i go to console settings and then memory where it lists everything by game. under ncaa 13 there will be a list of files. delete the ones titled "title update #1, title update #2, and tuner".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuduo
I didn't need the new patches because I wasn't having freezing issues, how can I delete them and go to the out of the box game? PS3 by the way
Should be able to delete the game data and that should reset it.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: EA should at least address this no huddle mess

EA logic: So, 5-10% of our users are trying to cheese online. I know! Let's break the game for them and the other 95-90% of our users! Brilliant!
Seriously, this is just asinine. I run with the Ducks and as most of you know, we don't huddle unless we absolutely need to. But now, my experience is ruined. I can't have Kenjon Barner rushing up to the line and throwing his hands in the air for five seconds as the opposing defense gets set. Barner knows the play! it's the same one!
I'm sorry but this game USED to be realistic and fun. Now it's just an exercise in mashing the X button until my center decides to snap it.
I will probably go prepatch, but man, I want all the "actual" fixes they did.
Please fix this mess, EA!
Old 08-22-2012, 03:36 PM   #44
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

yeah their rationale is comical. it's pathetic really.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 9

I think the problem online is the fact the difficulty is TOO EASY. I played 4 games online, and all 4 people had different ways of abusing game AI. A lot of it comes from the fact players rarely drop the ball, so you can thread the needle into tight places and its almost always a catch or an interception. Fatigue also seems to play little factor in this game without tinkering with SUB settings, so its easy for a team on here to keep just running hurry-up and pounding away.

However, in real life, there is so much more strategy than that. Some teams can't run hurry up. Others can. Fatigue actually matters. Players who are tired make mistakes, especially when they aren't used to playing hurry up. They run bad routes, run wrong routes, drop more passes.

However, step 1 is raising the difficulty to the point where it becomes more strategic and less about abusing game AI. Then they wouldn't need stupid cheesy gimmicks like this crap to hurt the overall game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #46
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
PS Menu > Game > Saved Data Utility > Delete the one that says NCAA Football 1.2 (I believe)

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Old 08-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #47
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Is there any work around when running no huddle to get your receivers from being so confused and taking so long to get the next play off?
I love that they do this. It add realism to me. They can add a faster animation for the players asking the qb what to do and get ready quickly , but the whole behavior of it is spot on.

Players just dont line up and run a play. The Qb has to yell it out to them. Then they look at thim and make sure they know what to do.

I would like it if they added where you can call 2 plays in a huddle. That would help and be more realistic. What we had was fake for years, and was no where near the real way a hurry up offense was run.

I like what EA did
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM   #48
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
I love that they do this. It add realism to me. They can add a faster animation for the players asking the qb what to do and get ready quickly , but the whole behavior of it is spot on.

Players just dont line up and run a play. The Qb has to yell it out to them. Then they look at thim and make sure they know what to do.

I would like it if they added where you can call 2 plays in a huddle. That would help and be more realistic. What we had was fake for years, and was no where near the real way a hurry up offense was run.

I like what EA did
The first bold sentence negates your second bold sentence because it is clear you have no clue how a hurry up offense is run. The quarterback doesn't yell signals to anyone in ANY system except to the offensive line, who are right in front of him or the back who is right next to him.

Teams like Oregon and the guys who run Malzahn's HUNH system use hand signals and/or signal boards from the sideline to dictate formation, play and snap count. The receivers and back will always know exactly what they are supposed to be doing when they get to the line of scrimmage. If the play is changed based on defensive alignments, coaches and GA's will signal it in.

The QB's only responsibility is calling protection to the line (and back if necessary) and identifying the center of the defense (the Mike LB). Most hurry up teams don't even have their QB yell a cadence, the center is usually responsible for the snap count after a ready signal from the QB (finger point, quick step). Again, that is to speed up the play. When the center is responsible for the snap count, he can fire off the ball quicker and get to his block that much faster.

There is very little vocalizing of anything in a hurry up no huddle offense because it slows down the pace. This is the whole reason people run no huddle. You run to the line, get the call AS you go and run that play. Verbal communication leads to miscommunication which is why there is very little of it.

No huddle passing offenses that tag a lot of their routes based on sight adjustments will utilize hand signals between QB and WR to essentially "hot route" the receiver to the pre-determined route for the coverage they see. It isn't random and there isn't miscommunication because they've practiced it 1000 times and know "if the defense does X, I'm doing Y."

These offenses are DESIGNED to go at rapid pace and so they have eliminated all the things that slowed traditional offenses down; huddles, verbal signals, cadences, shifts and they just line up and go.

There is absolutely nothing realistic about the way no huddle is now and not only that, it looks absolutely fake and ridiculous. I could go no huddle in SG Tight and watch my outside receivers shuffle in and morph INSIDE my offensive line to "hear" a play call.

I'm shocked EA took responsibility for this as an intended feature because it is without a doubt a total failure. It looks and plays like a glitched out bug because that is exactly what it is. If you want to slow down no huddle, at least do it realistically. Not this horribly glitched out way that is easily worked around anyway, negating the whole purpose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »