Home

EA should at least address this no huddle mess

This is a discussion on EA should at least address this no huddle mess within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: EA should at least address this no huddle mess

This completely RUINED the game for me. I play with Oregon and it ruins my offense. I don't play online and don't play cheesers anyway, so they really need to fix this bug.

I don't want to delete the patch because if I do, I'll go back to not hearing the stadium sounds again which was fixed with this patch.

This is a definite BUG that needs to be fixed right away.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:17 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 0

The no-huddle was never realistic. The fact that is is closer to reality now is a good thing.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:43 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jim
The no-huddle was never realistic. The fact that is is closer to reality now is a good thing.
Why wasn't the no-huddle realistic before and how has it been made more realistic now?

In the Super Bowl last year, the average hurry up took 15 seconds from the end of the previous play to the snap.

In this game, it is impossible to get off a play before 15 seconds.

Before the patch, you could get it off in roughly 13 seconds.

Why fix what really wasn't broken?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #52
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
This is not closer to reality at all. Anyone how knows anything about the SNH knows that. Players get plays between snaps looking at a board of number cards, so they are able to run these 100 mph offenses. Now we're back to the days when huddling takes less time then the no-huddle which is ridiculous.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #53
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
The first bold sentence negates your second bold sentence because it is clear you have no clue how a hurry up offense is run. The quarterback doesn't yell signals to anyone in ANY system except to the offensive line, who are right in front of him or the back who is right next to him.

Teams like Oregon and the guys who run Malzahn's HUNH system use hand signals and/or signal boards from the sideline to dictate formation, play and snap count. The receivers and back will always know exactly what they are supposed to be doing when they get to the line of scrimmage. If the play is changed based on defensive alignments, coaches and GA's will signal it in.

The QB's only responsibility is calling protection to the line (and back if necessary) and identifying the center of the defense (the Mike LB). Most hurry up teams don't even have their QB yell a cadence, the center is usually responsible for the snap count after a ready signal from the QB (finger point, quick step). Again, that is to speed up the play. When the center is responsible for the snap count, he can fire off the ball quicker and get to his block that much faster.

There is very little vocalizing of anything in a hurry up no huddle offense because it slows down the pace. This is the whole reason people run no huddle. You run to the line, get the call AS you go and run that play. Verbal communication leads to miscommunication which is why there is very little of it.

No huddle passing offenses that tag a lot of their routes based on sight adjustments will utilize hand signals between QB and WR to essentially "hot route" the receiver to the pre-determined route for the coverage they see. It isn't random and there isn't miscommunication because they've practiced it 1000 times and know "if the defense does X, I'm doing Y."

These offenses are DESIGNED to go at rapid pace and so they have eliminated all the things that slowed traditional offenses down; huddles, verbal signals, cadences, shifts and they just line up and go.

There is absolutely nothing realistic about the way no huddle is now and not only that, it looks absolutely fake and ridiculous. I could go no huddle in SG Tight and watch my outside receivers shuffle in and morph INSIDE my offensive line to "hear" a play call.

I'm shocked EA took responsibility for this as an intended feature because it is without a doubt a total failure. It looks and plays like a glitched out bug because that is exactly what it is. If you want to slow down no huddle, at least do it realistically. Not this horribly glitched out way that is easily worked around anyway, negating the whole purpose.
This post is perfection and should be sent to EA asap.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 08-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #54
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
The first bold sentence negates your second bold sentence because it is clear you have no clue how a hurry up offense is run. The quarterback doesn't yell signals to anyone in ANY system except to the offensive line, who are right in front of him or the back who is right next to him.

Teams like Oregon and the guys who run Malzahn's HUNH system use hand signals and/or signal boards from the sideline to dictate formation, play and snap count. The receivers and back will always know exactly what they are supposed to be doing when they get to the line of scrimmage. If the play is changed based on defensive alignments, coaches and GA's will signal it in.

The QB's only responsibility is calling protection to the line (and back if necessary) and identifying the center of the defense (the Mike LB). Most hurry up teams don't even have their QB yell a cadence, the center is usually responsible for the snap count after a ready signal from the QB (finger point, quick step). Again, that is to speed up the play. When the center is responsible for the snap count, he can fire off the ball quicker and get to his block that much faster.

There is very little vocalizing of anything in a hurry up no huddle offense because it slows down the pace. This is the whole reason people run no huddle. You run to the line, get the call AS you go and run that play. Verbal communication leads to miscommunication which is why there is very little of it.

No huddle passing offenses that tag a lot of their routes based on sight adjustments will utilize hand signals between QB and WR to essentially "hot route" the receiver to the pre-determined route for the coverage they see. It isn't random and there isn't miscommunication because they've practiced it 1000 times and know "if the defense does X, I'm doing Y."

These offenses are DESIGNED to go at rapid pace and so they have eliminated all the things that slowed traditional offenses down; huddles, verbal signals, cadences, shifts and they just line up and go.

There is absolutely nothing realistic about the way no huddle is now and not only that, it looks absolutely fake and ridiculous. I could go no huddle in SG Tight and watch my outside receivers shuffle in and morph INSIDE my offensive line to "hear" a play call.

I'm shocked EA took responsibility for this as an intended feature because it is without a doubt a total failure. It looks and plays like a glitched out bug because that is exactly what it is. If you want to slow down no huddle, at least do it realistically. Not this horribly glitched out way that is easily worked around anyway, negating the whole purpose.
Thank you. Someone else who knows real football, and not NCAA Football-ideas about football.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
You must have never seen an Oregon game then. They run plays before the defense gets set all the time. Because of this bug, NCAA 13 is actually less realistic now when playing with teams like Oregon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #56
Rookie

Allow me to change my name to Bob Ross and I shall paint a beautiful piece of scenery:

- #3 TCU (me) v #20 Oklahoma (CPU)
- Home game for TCU
- Week 15
- TCU down 24-21
- TCU ball with no time outs
- 12 seconds left
- 4th quarter

Complete a pass for 40 yards right smack dab in the middle of the field (only guy wide open) into field goal range. I hurry the offense up to run another play... but out of ****ing nowhere my WR does the Hulk Hogan hand to the hear and walks over to my QB to make sure what the play is.

The clock hits zero as my WR goes back to the line.
I never get a chance to spike.
I never get a chance to send it to OT.
Game over.
National Championship hopes over.

Tremendous.

Last edited by DrPhibes; 08-22-2012 at 11:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »