Home

anybody else finding it extremely easy to pass on heismen? specifically go routes!

This is a discussion on anybody else finding it extremely easy to pass on heismen? specifically go routes! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2012, 10:05 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: anybody else finding it extremely easy to pass on heismen? specifically go routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteXavier
Except for no. You can get tons of offside penalties against a team that has aggressive snap (i love knowing they have this on, and continue to have them jump offsides until they turn it off), aggressive zone allows me to throw over the top, aggressive tackling allows me to break more tackles.

This isn't a glitch, this is picking your poison. i would prefer someone to take a stance conservative or aggressive specifically because i know how to play against it.
Except you can throw over the top on Heisman all day long because the AI turns its zone coverage to aggressive. I guess win at all costs players must love that, but if you are looking for a sim experience, the AI is inadvertantly sabotaging itself. The passing game is easier on Heisman than Varsity because of this.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: anybody else finding it extremely easy to pass on heismen? specifically go routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Except you can throw over the top on Heisman all day long because the AI turns its zone coverage to aggressive. I guess win at all costs players must love that, but if you are looking for a sim experience, the AI is inadvertantly sabotaging itself. The passing game is easier on Heisman than Varsity because of this.
im not sure thats true. for example, if you try and throw deep on play 1-3 they play back. Once you have success going short they get aggressive, because thats accurate defensive play calling, opening up going long against them.

you are right that they won't recover later in the game, but i have seen them adapt and have good play recognition for those deep balls.

the problem is if the opponent is now down on themselves, its likely they will continue to mess up just like if you get an AI computer to throw a few picks they won't hit wide open targets late in the game.

No game is going to be able to perfectly simulate a human, so if you want to get a real "sim experience" you might want to play more humans and less computers.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteXavier
im not sure thats true. for example, if you try and throw deep on play 1-3 they play back. Once you have success going short they get aggressive, because thats accurate defensive play calling, opening up going long against them.

you are right that they won't recover later in the game, but i have seen them adapt and have good play recognition for those deep balls.

the problem is if the opponent is now down on themselves, its likely they will continue to mess up just like if you get an AI computer to throw a few picks they won't hit wide open targets late in the game.

No game is going to be able to perfectly simulate a human, so if you want to get a real "sim experience" you might want to play more humans and less computers.
If you can get a group of guys who want to play sim, thats the best case scenario. Problem is, I have limited gaming time, most of which comes later at night. I prefer to just get 1 game in per night against an AI and call it good. Unfortunately, its way too easy to pass on this game and long balls are all money on AA and Heisman. Its a game killer for me. Still trying to find a workaround. Varsity defends the deep ball very well. Now I just need to get the AI offense to be able to score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Problem with varsity solution is in online dynasties user games suck at default varsity sliders (which user games revert to).
Old 08-21-2012, 02:33 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
Problem with varsity solution is in online dynasties user games suck at default varsity sliders (which user games revert to).
Really, I thought you could set sliders in online dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »