Home

For Those Of You Still Playing NCAA 13...

This is a discussion on For Those Of You Still Playing NCAA 13... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you having fun playing NCAA 13?
Yes 86 76.11%
No 27 23.89%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
I love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: For Those Of You Still Playing NCAA 13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
NCAA '13 is the best sports game I've ever played that isn't named CH2K8 so, yeah, I'm still having a blast.
Your Sports gaming library consists of CH2k8, NCAA 2013, Atari 2600 Football, and Shaq FU?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #27
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7
I really liked it at first, now not so much. I enjoyed 12. Played it all year. Never had a freeze with either title. The gameplay in 13 just sticks. Thinking about trading 13 in on madden, which is already preordered.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 0

I'm having a blast with NCAA 13. Standing by for it to get the infinity engine next year. Oh, and I've downloaded and really enjoy the Madden 13 demo also. I'm still confused how folks say they like one and not the other, I mean its the same core gameplay actually
Old 08-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #29
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Your Sports gaming library consists of CH2k8, NCAA 2013, Atari 2600 Football, and Shaq FU?
No.
10chars
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-22-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 32

Hell... If the Madden Demo was the only Madden coming out this year, I'd still prefer it over NCAA 13.

Yes, I'm completely serious.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 5

In my opinion, in six years of tuning this current gen gameplay engine, most of the the core football elements have not improved. Some have gotten worse. Man coverage, zone coverage and man bump coverage are all worse than games as far back as NCAA 09.

Run blocking is pretty decent against standard defensive sets, but as usual, the more unique defensive sets (especially with various shifts and hot routes) are too much for the run blocking AI to figure out. I just played a friend who used Arkansas State with various 1-5-5 and 2-4-5 sets and he held my Oregon rushing game to around 1.5 yards per carry.

I think most players would agree with me that it would be better to have a game with fewer routes, sets and plays if all of them were well tuned and realistically implemented, than a game with massive amounts of routes, sets and plays where many of them did not work properly. In my opinion, a game should be built by first watching hundreds of hours of actual game footage and taking extensive notes on how various skilled players react to each route and each play, and then implement things, starting with the simplest, and tune them to model the real life footage as accurately as possible.

For example, how does a great CB in man coverage react to an average receiver running a medium curl route? Watch dozens of examples of this from actual game footage and then tune your AI to match this as closely as reasonably possible. If the AI simply cannot be tuned given the current gameplay model, it would be better to leave that route out of the game then leave it in and broken for players to abuse.

So my answer is no. I'm far from sufficiently satisfied with this overall experience, and I would expect a much better game given six years of tuning the same core gameplay engine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
# The No Movement!

Mr2Nice's Arena

OVR: 22

For me I am lovin this years NCAA 13. Now this could because I hated how broken last years game was. I was really pumped up last year watching the special on espn and with the at the time new coaching coursel.

To finally have this year be what last year should have been makes it a fun play. Now do I wish they would evolve the game more sure! I would like to have the upset thing tweaked a little more. I would like for a option for adminstrator where you could take a school hire the coach and assistants and build a new and bigger stadium.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I hope it makes sense. I hurt my back and now I'm on some painkillers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »