Home

EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game

This is a discussion on EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: EA, I beg of you, please make these small adjustments to save this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
There are two major items that require what would appear to be minor adjustments that could save the game:

1. Please switch off the Aggressive Pass coverage gameplanning by the AI. It is causing the safeties to come up and makes streak patterns by the human almost guaranteed TDs.
Every time I throw a streak pattern the CBs are all over it, and my WR makes no effort...or they're 5 yards ahead of the throw and come up to pick it off, and yet my WR never comes up he just keeps running his streak route. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Is this what you all are referring to?
Old 08-22-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Every time I throw a streak pattern the CBs are all over it, and my WR makes no effort...or they're 5 yards ahead of the throw and come up to pick it off, and yet my WR never comes up he just keeps running his streak route. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Is this what you all are referring to?
No, run a streak pattern and watch what the safety does. Most of the time he moves up into no mans land towards the line of scrimmage while the WR streaks down the field. If the CB is in zone defense, he'll let the receiver go past him and pass the responsibilty onto the safety who should then cover the deep route. The safety is nowhere to be found.

This happens way too often and leads to easy cheesy touchdowns. Its especially nasty on long 3rd downs and right before the half where the deep ball are almost a guaranteed completeion.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here's my list I posted Sunday:

Offline VS. CPU Patch Fix Request List

1. Remove Game Plan Adjustments for CPU to keep the CPU from going Zone Aggressive and ignoring streaking receivers.

2. Realistic Coverage Skills

3. 50 Default All-American should play exactly to their ratings, Period (Speed Included on 50 threshold)

4. Improve Crowd Noise, needs to be LOUD in feared environments, and not shut down so quick when the ball is in play, and you should hear the away crowd when the home offense is on the field

5. Away Stadium Sounds for certain situations (Not all)

6. Adaptive AI. If I run the same play over and over, the CPU should adjust to stop it.

7. Wrong stadium sounds playing in certain situations

8. Improved OL/DL Interaction based on ratings, better guy whens 60-70 percent of the time in real life. I never see highly rated DEs getting pancaked by less skilled O-linemen trying to rush around the pocket in real life

9. Improve Man Coverage (not pshycic, just watch a real game say Alabama 2012 vs. LSU 2012 for high rated DBs and a good team versus a really bad team for lower rated DBs).

10. CPU should gang tackle in alot of situations

11. Better RB AI (CPU doing better moves, but too early alot of times).

12. Fix No huddle pointing (Make them look at sidelines again for play, and nothing should happen on spiking ball, or give the ability to pick more than one play at a time).

13. Fix Penalty sliders - Pass Interference is usually called every game once or twice

14. Make CPU not hit stick every tackle

15. Less fumbles

16. If CPU goes after int and miss they should give up a play. Very rare for an elite DB to do this, but the dumb guys should some.

17. Smarter CPU QB AI - SHOULD not throw into triple coverage when throwing deep every time. If all men are covered, throw ball away.

18. SPECIAL TEAMS - A 3rd of the game - FG blocks and Punt blocks are a huge part of Football. Add a slider and make it possible, but do not overdo it. Also, CPU fake punts way to much across 50 on High levels.

19. Take the Read Option and Option out of Pro teams playbooks. AJ McCarron should not run the option.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #12
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

bumping this to the top, where it should stay. fist knows what hes talking about and these are glaring issues.. if they are fixed, AT LEAST the safety issue on heisman and all american, the game would be playable and actually GOOD.
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

back to the top. im not giving up on this game, not without a fight
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 08-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Fix the sliders to make them work properly.

Fix the all players, hum and CPU to play to their true ratings.

Make the CPU IA smarter.

Fix the CPU running game.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #15
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I think what is happening and I'm only speculating is that with the new read and react defense It is difficult to make the secondary act differently from each other.

They are all reading and reacting at the same time, so if the safety sees a pattern run in front of him he reacts to it. meanwhile someone is running a streak, but the other wr made a cut before the streaking receiver and the safety reacted to that first.

This is what it seems to be for me. What I would do if it is possible is for the read and react to be delayed another second or 1.5 seconds for safeties so they keep dropping back to keep things in front of them, and then react to the patterns. This way they would most likely commit to the deep receivers over the receivers that are running the shorter routes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascoc
Here's my list I posted Sunday:

Offline VS. CPU Patch Fix Request List

1. Remove Game Plan Adjustments for CPU to keep the CPU from going Zone Aggressive and ignoring streaking receivers.

2. Realistic Coverage Skills

3. 50 Default All-American should play exactly to their ratings, Period (Speed Included on 50 threshold)

4. Improve Crowd Noise, needs to be LOUD in feared environments, and not shut down so quick when the ball is in play, and you should hear the away crowd when the home offense is on the field

5. Away Stadium Sounds for certain situations (Not all)

6. Adaptive AI. If I run the same play over and over, the CPU should adjust to stop it.

7. Wrong stadium sounds playing in certain situations

8. Improved OL/DL Interaction based on ratings, better guy whens 60-70 percent of the time in real life. I never see highly rated DEs getting pancaked by less skilled O-linemen trying to rush around the pocket in real life

9. Improve Man Coverage (not pshycic, just watch a real game say Alabama 2012 vs. LSU 2012 for high rated DBs and a good team versus a really bad team for lower rated DBs).

10. CPU should gang tackle in alot of situations

11. Better RB AI (CPU doing better moves, but too early alot of times).

12. Fix No huddle pointing (Make them look at sidelines again for play, and nothing should happen on spiking ball, or give the ability to pick more than one play at a time).

13. Fix Penalty sliders - Pass Interference is usually called every game once or twice

14. Make CPU not hit stick every tackle

15. Less fumbles

16. If CPU goes after int and miss they should give up a play. Very rare for an elite DB to do this, but the dumb guys should some.

17. Smarter CPU QB AI - SHOULD not throw into triple coverage when throwing deep every time. If all men are covered, throw ball away.

18. SPECIAL TEAMS - A 3rd of the game - FG blocks and Punt blocks are a huge part of Football. Add a slider and make it possible, but do not overdo it. Also, CPU fake punts way to much across 50 on High levels.

19. Take the Read Option and Option out of Pro teams playbooks. AJ McCarron should not run the option.

I agree with everything except that. Man coverage on default sliders has made this game almost unplayable. Every WR is blanked and it's almost impossible to run Air Raid against user that play man on every play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »