Home

The Cyber-option

This is a discussion on The Cyber-option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23
The Cyber-option

Now this is one thing that I've been seeing lately in my dynasty (switched from UConn to Florida), and it pisses me off to the highest of piss-tivity. How is it that the quarterback will take off on an option, run 8 or 9 yards downfield, get crushed by a safety, linebacker and D-lineman, and still manage to pitch the ball between two defenders to a waiting RB, who has to lean BACKWARDS to catch the ball, then go scampering for an extra 20 yards?

It's not affecting my wins, but it's highly upsetting to see. I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I've just started seeing it every game, now that I'm in the SEC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2003, 10:51 AM   #2
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The Cyber-option

Haha, you mean the uber-option? Yes, it exists. I play in the MAC which is MUCH more of pass-happy conference, so I don't get the option run on me much (only Ohio U. uses an option offense), but I know exactly what you're talking about. It occassionally frustrates me, but more often than not I'm able to knock down the pitch or have someone waiting to crush the RB as soon as he gets it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »