Home

What NCAA Needs. (Minor Stuff)

This is a discussion on What NCAA Needs. (Minor Stuff) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 01:55 AM   #1
Rookie

ccodycash's Arena

OVR: 2
What NCAA Needs. (Minor Stuff)

I was just thinking about some minor things the NCAA franchise could use. Since everyone knows about the major problems that need to be fixed and I certainly hope EA is working on them(we can hope can't we). I decided since I'm bored to float a few things I'd like to see in the future titles (if there are any)

1. dynamic rivalries - if I dont play someone for 3+ years it should remove them from my list of rivals and add new teams that have become rivals. This seems like it would be simple though I admit I know very little about game design etc.

2. conference patches on uniforms - nothing is more annoying than putting a team in a different conference and loading up a game only to see a giant patch from their old conference (LaTech Im looking at you). Either make them dynamic so they update or remove them (Im sure by license they cant or some mularkey but it would be nice)

3. conference builder just like teams only for well you know...

4. pride stickers enough said really.

5. For the love of 4th down please fix the audio so the Swamp sounds like the Swamp etc... nothing is worse than the announcer saying the crowd is shaking the stadium... and you're thinking no...no it isnt.

6. And I love Kirk and Brad as much as the next guy but when I'm playing my Middle Tennessee State v. UTSA game I doubt theyd be there... get a couple different crews to do games to mix it up.

Anyway just thought I'd toss these out there. Feel free to post any minor things you would like to see (please dont use this as an opportunity to flame EA) I'm sure they are working hard even though it may not seem like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #2
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What NCAA Needs. (Minor Stuff)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccodycash
I was just thinking about some minor things the NCAA franchise could use. Since everyone knows about the major problems that need to be fixed and I certainly hope EA is working on them(we can hope can't we). I decided since I'm bored to float a few things I'd like to see in the future titles (if there are any)

1. dynamic rivalries - if I dont play someone for 3+ years it should remove them from my list of rivals and add new teams that have become rivals. This seems like it would be simple though I admit I know very little about game design etc.

2. conference patches on uniforms - nothing is more annoying than putting a team in a different conference and loading up a game only to see a giant patch from their old conference (LaTech Im looking at you). Either make them dynamic so they update or remove them (Im sure by license they cant or some mularkey but it would be nice)

3. conference builder just like teams only for well you know...

4. pride stickers enough said really.

5. For the love of 4th down please fix the audio so the Swamp sounds like the Swamp etc... nothing is worse than the announcer saying the crowd is shaking the stadium... and you're thinking no...no it isnt.

6. And I love Kirk and Brad as much as the next guy but when I'm playing my Middle Tennessee State v. UTSA game I doubt theyd be there... get a couple different crews to do games to mix it up.

Anyway just thought I'd toss these out there. Feel free to post any minor things you would like to see (please dont use this as an opportunity to flame EA) I'm sure they are working hard even though it may not seem like it.
The uniforms can't be touched, has to do with licensing. Obviously EA should clear the air and try to work out with the schools if dynamic patches would be okay, but that's on EA/the schools. It's the same reason we can't delete conferences, the NCAA brand won't allow conferences to be altered or removed.

The different crews is an alright idea, but honestly I feel that dynasty mode needs an overhaul first before bringing in something such as multiple crews, it lacks life. The game updates help but 1) with over fifty games in a given week, unless your playing on a thursday or odd day, they shouldn't keep bringing up only one game 2) Commentary doesn't take into account the changes over the season; if New Mexico builds up to be the top team in the country they should be talking about it.

EA is playing it safe, when they shouldn't be. College football is all about the emotion and passion for the game and it really isn't showcased, especially in dynasty mode, I hate for the focus to be on an off the field product but if they fix the line interactions, integrate infinity (and update it) and overhaul dynasty, NCAA 14 will blow away all of its predecessors.

Side note: They should bring back infractions, especially in the modern game, if NCAA is really hardballing EA out of allowing it, it ultimately shows that the NCAA does infact care when players are being allowed out of their academic requirements and breaking team rules, rather than the opposite.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Stats85's Arena

OVR: 7

One thing NCAA Football should do next yr remove mascot game and put in stadium builder like teambuilder if the don't place all 32 NFL stadiums 2 choose 4 any neutral site games 2 play examples: Washington this yr all home games played @ CenturyLink Stadium home of the Seahawks (also Washington State will play Oregon there). USC vs Syracuse will play @ MetLife Stadium. Miami vs Notre Dame Solider Field. Stadium Builder can be useful if they can't get all 32 NFL stadiums in
Old 08-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
Rookie

VincentB's Arena

OVR: 3

NCAA needs to have players weight, momentum, size and positioning on the field matter. As it stands, players aren't connected to the field, allowing them to move unrealistically.

Power backs, elite defensive linemen and tall, physical, possession receivers don't play true to their identity. Power backs should have the ability to truck cornerbacks and safety's that fail to effectively wrap up in space, or are just too small to make a play in a 1 v 1 situation. Defensive linemen who have high ratings should be able to wreak havoc if they are going up against mediocre offensive linemen and often times free up one of his teammates to rush the quarterback if he commands a double team. I would also like to see 6'4+ 220 lb receivers be able to use their size to effectively get open against a cornerback who doesn't have the size to match up with him. Fade routes in the redzone and 10-15 yard routes towards the middle of the field should be successful if the pass is put in the correct spot. Often times I see cornerbacks, safetys and linebackers jumping receivers routes at an unrealistic rate. In most instances, a physical, possession receiver should be able to use his size to shield off the defender long enough to effectively make a play on the ball.

Again, these are just a few minor fixes that would greatly improve the gameplay. Yes, there are bigger problems, such as OL/DL interactions, overall blocking, and the lack of a physics engine, but those things will take more time to correct.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #5
Banned

Lekcots11's Arena

OVR: 3

Gameplay is alright. I kind of wish they bought back the "momentum meter" or the crowd noise meter. that really "shook" the stadium. But then again, TV never captures how loud it truely is at a stadium. I was at the Wisconsin vs Michigan State hail mary game, and that place got super loud. I then watched it on TV, and it sounded like a MAC stadium. Ever since ESPN is now on ABC, the noise in stadiums have gotten quieter. CBS does it right though. They should get rid of heisman mode and bring back classic college moments. They should fix the audio cut out. thats annoying to watch the home team do a great play, and then the audio cuts out for a bit. I like the "change the announcing crew" for non-huge games, but they could simple show if the game is on national tv, or local tv, or even not on tv at all, and cut out the announcers like in previous games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 38

I thought they had dynamic conference patches??
Old 08-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

the noise in stadiums have gotten quieter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »