Home

Powered down during recruiting

This is a discussion on Powered down during recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
Rookie

c_law23's Arena

OVR: 4
Powered down during recruiting

My wife was asking me something as I was finishing recruiting. I used the last of my minutes and was really making progress in stealing a few recruits from friends. I got to the main recruiting screen and sat my controller down to finish our conversation. Once it became apparent that this conversation was going to take a chunk of time, I grabbed my controller knowing that I had finished and went ahead and powered down. As soon as i did I knew that i had screwed up. A buddy had his power go out at the same menu and had lost all of his time really screwing up his year recruiting wise. Sure enough i powered up and checked, time was gone and no calls had actually been made. Guys who i scheduled that week to visit now had the "ready to visit" icons and I just sunk.

Morale of the story, don't get married.

NFL - Cleveland Browns
MLB - Chicago Whitesox
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
NHL - Columbus Blue Jackets/Chicago Blackhawks

Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Powered down during recruiting

Yeah, you would have been okay a few NCAA's ago but for NCAA 12 they had made it so that calls were reported to the server the instant they were made. Unfortunately they failed to make it so that the results of the call were reported to the server the instant the call was over.

Meaning if the game freezes, power goes out, you quit the game before you back all the way out and it uploads to server, you lost all your minutes but got no benefit. Just another insane addition from EA to help curtail human cheating in OD's. Before, you could make all your calls, write down what the recruit liked and didn't like, offer him a scholarship, etc and then quit the game without any of it saving. Then you could go back in and spend less time with the recruit and hard pitch all the things you already know he is Very High/Most on and be efficient with your minutes.

But in EA's shortsighted fashion, they overreacted to the problem and now people that get legitimately interrupted just lose all their used minutes. And this year with the freezes, that happens more often than it should. Even worse, if you lose power or get a freeze during recruiting, guys you have scouted with have an overall of 0 until you scout them again, then it will go back up to their original but all scouting done previously is lost.

And your final bit of advice is certainly wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »