Home

QB Sliding past LOS in NCAA FB 2005 for Gamecube

This is a discussion on QB Sliding past LOS in NCAA FB 2005 for Gamecube within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
QB Sliding past LOS in NCAA FB 2005 for Gamecube

i'm playing NCAA Football 2005 for gamecube and i'm trying to figure out how to QB slide past the LOS on a QB scramble. when you're behind the LOS, pressing the "dive" button as the QB slides 100% of the time. but when you're scrambling and pass the line of scrimmage, i can not seem to slide with the QB. it's always a dive. i've done everything i can think of: tapping B, holding analog stick Down and B, holding the reverse direction i'm running and B, making sure my player is stopped, then tapping B, etc. no matter what it's always a dive.

i'd like to know if this is a gamecube-specific issue or not, because i thought i remembered being able to slide past the LOS on the PS2 version of NCAA 2005, but i could be wrong. if it's not possible on the GC version of 2005, i'd like to at least figure out what versions it is possible. i'm pretty sure you can do it in 06-08 on PS2. i'm gunna start running out of bounds because i keep fumbling trying to scramble and slide with the QB, and end up diving!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 02:30 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: QB Sliding past LOS in NCAA FB 2005 for Gamecube

it is quite interesting how the QB slide is programmed in this game. i think they changed the control mechanic that activates the QB slide in subsequent versions of ncaa. or maybe it's different on the gamecube version then it is on the ps2 version of 2005. anyway this is what i figured out after playing some matches:

in the gamecube version of ncaa football 2005, as the QB, if you press the dive / slide button behind the line of scrimmage, it always does the QB slide.

however once you pass the line of scrimmage, it is very tricky to do a QB slide. it takes a very precise timing of left analog stick and the dive button. you can't be sprinting, and you have to release the left analog stick and press the dive button in a fluid motion. i'd like to stress that it's very precise. in ncaa 07 and 08, and maybe 06, i think they improved how easy it is for your QB to slide past the line of scrimmage. but this matters in competitive multiplayer games and a way to scramble and still not risk injury. back in the day, when ncaa 2005 was popular, this was a strategy you could use to win games.

what i find interesting in going back to ncaa 2005 is how hard it is to do the slide past the LOS. i created this thread because i thought this would be the type of thing that people who really played this game would notice. many times you'll mess up the button presses and do a dive instead. they also have some cool transitional animations for these dives that i didn't remember in the ps2 version.

what this ends up making QB scrambles is that i'm more willing to run out of bounds, or sacrifice a few years slow down and make sure i slide. in ncaa 06-08 on ps2 or xbox1 i was able to slide easier. what i concluded is that QB sliding is much more sensitive in terms of what you have to press to make him slide (instead of diving) in 2005, compared to the later games. but you can do it.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: QB Sliding past LOS in NCAA FB 2005 for Gamecube

people still have gamecubes?

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »