Home

How does Coach Mode Play???

This is a discussion on How does Coach Mode Play??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
How does Coach Mode Play???

I have been trying to get this game to play right on all levels and getting frustrated with it. For those of you who play on coach mode how does this game play?

Is the deep ball issue still there on coach mode?

Is the CPU AI better on coach mode?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How does Coach Mode Play???

Yep it's still there on coach mode. The mode makes me angry sometimes but I still love it. My biggest complaints for coach mode lie in the logic of your players. I'll have 90 ovr rated QBs throwing into quadruple coverage or take a 3 step drop and launch it out of bounds immediately but a 70 ovr will make perfect reads. HB's don't know how to find the holes so they'll get stuck in a running animation behind 3 o-lineman and take a 5yd loss instead of hitting the hole for a gain. Don't even get me started on trying to run the option.

It's frustrating for sure but I just can't seem to step away from it.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
Yep it's still there on coach mode. The mode makes me angry sometimes but I still love it. My biggest complaints for coach mode lie in the logic of your players. I'll have 90 ovr rated QBs throwing into quadruple coverage or take a 3 step drop and launch it out of bounds immediately but a 70 ovr will make perfect reads. HB's don't know how to find the holes so they'll get stuck in a running animation behind 3 o-lineman and take a 5yd loss instead of hitting the hole for a gain. Don't even get me started on trying to run the option.

It's frustrating for sure but I just can't seem to step away from it.
I am beginning to think ratings do not matter much in this game.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
I am beginning to think ratings do not matter much in this game.
Me too. That same 90 ovr QB I was talking about also has 99 awr. The kid frustrates me so much but he puts up good numbers when he's doing well.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:49 PM   #5
Pro

You could try this.

Play with 2 controllers. Use one for yourself and the other for the CPU. This cuts down on a lot of things the CPU does wrong. You will have to hike for the CPU, and "help it call the plays. What I do is call my defense first, this way you are set. Then use the ask coach for the CPU...and take the best play they offer. And play the game straight up. By this I mean if you have picked your defense...and the CPU offers a play...pick the best "as if you where in the game situation".

This gives me a much better game. I can run the hurry up offense with CPU teams and not have to worry about no time running off the clock as you control the CPU's clock. No more very long 60 yd FGs. Better play calling, as you can call plays you know works. Better time management. I can play with 15 min qtrs, as again, you can control how much time the CPU runs off the clock.

The same for Defense. Call the CPU's D first based on what the ask coach offers up. Again, play straight up when you call your offensive play.

I am getting much better gameplay, stats, and not have to worry about why the CPU can complete long passes time after time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
You could try this.

Play with 2 controllers. Use one for yourself and the other for the CPU. This cuts down on a lot of things the CPU does wrong. You will have to hike for the CPU, and "help it call the plays. What I do is call my defense first, this way you are set. Then use the ask coach for the CPU...and take the best play they offer. And play the game straight up. By this I mean if you have picked your defense...and the CPU offers a play...pick the best "as if you where in the game situation".

This gives me a much better game. I can run the hurry up offense with CPU teams and not have to worry about no time running off the clock as you control the CPU's clock. No more very long 60 yd FGs. Better play calling, as you can call plays you know works. Better time management. I can play with 15 min qtrs, as again, you can control how much time the CPU runs off the clock.

The same for Defense. Call the CPU's D first based on what the ask coach offers up. Again, play straight up when you call your offensive play.

I am getting much better gameplay, stats, and not have to worry about why the CPU can complete long passes time after time.
Not a bad idea, what slider set u using ?
Old 09-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #7
Pro

Being playing on default....getting good games. Only thing is the QB takes off to much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »