Home

Special Teams

This is a discussion on Special Teams within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-23-2003, 10:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Special Teams

One thing I find lacking in this game is the role that special teams plays. I have played probably over 50 games using various sliders, and have yet to have give up significant yardage on a punt or kick return. I've been able to break some long ones, but no touchdowns yet.

Anyone have any advice for getting better returns for both human and computer controlled teams. I feel like this is such a huge part of college football and can really change the outcome of a game.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Special Teams

I know what you mean and I've done a few things to tweak the players on the field. I used to assign guys to kickoff coverage who were simply fast and could get downfield quickly. Now I assign defensive guys only, even if they're not quite as fast. This does a couple of things. One, it helps my defensive players tackling statistics. Secondly it means that the coverage is a step slower and give the return man more time to get something set up. Sure, sometimes I still stuff them around the 15-20, but there are plenty of times where the guy breaks a tackle and is out to the 35 or so before I get him. I've never had a kickoff returned on me, but they get decent yardage sometimes.

Punt returns are different. I don't know if I'm outkicking the coverage or if I suck at open field tackling, but at most I have one guy get down there and he has a hard time making the play on the returner. That typically means the return man will get upfield about 10 yards before running into the next defender.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »