Home

soooo when are the new uniforms coming in the uniform store???

This is a discussion on soooo when are the new uniforms coming in the uniform store??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: soooo when are the new uniforms coming in the uniform store???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigernosaint
This is correct. Paying for alt's is ridiculous. The game costs $65. I shouldn't have to spend another dime on something as simple as correct uniform choices.
Exactly. Crap like this should already be in the game. Why pay extra (Even if it is 10 cents a uniform) for something that SHOULD BE IN THE GAME. Did I mention it should be in the game?

The only uniform they should charge for are one offs like Notre Dame revealed. Alternates and pro combats should be free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #66
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I love everyone complaining about EA charging for alternates or special uniforms. Last season any jersey that was released after the cut off date for EA didn't get into the game ever. Now we are getting a free update of the default uniforms and people are complaining about maybe paying for alternates that wouldn't even be in the game anyways.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #67
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutigernosaint
This is correct. Paying for alt's is ridiculous. The game costs $65. I shouldn't have to spend another dime on something as simple as correct uniform choices.
The reason these uniforms aren't in the game is because they weren't made available to EA in time for them to make the game. That is absolutely on the schools not EA, mid-April is the cutoff date, has been for years. They are doing extra work adding in the uniforms.

And can we stop with the speculation that is accepted as fact and then used to bash EA. We don't know what will be paid yet, they say alternates but elsewhere the wording they use seems to infer the one-time use uniforms will be the paid DLC unis. For example Georgia Tech's white, gold and navy uniforms would be free but if they wore a one-time uniform later this season it would cost money.

Wait until the store freaking opens before you start attacking EA (speculative bashing is the most annoying part about this entire site).

And the crap about teams putting their new uniform info on their sites, that's laughable. SDSU didn't show off their new uniforms until the first game last year, same goes for Kent State in 2010, Georgia Tech has only shown off their uniforms once in the past 5 years (5 different sets of uniforms mind you). Schools don't do press releases about their uniforms unless they set a show-off date, most of them are very quiet about them and they get leaked through twitter or team forums. There were maybe 20 uniform changes (several without pics, but we had heard rumors or been informed of forthcoming changes) on the Uniform Update 5.0 page on the first day, there are now over 100, and none of those were readily available prior to the start thread. Meaning they didn't become available until July, 3 months after the cut-off date for uniforms and a full month after the game went to press).

EA does not have an easy job when it comes to uniforms, they don't get much help from the schools. You are not owed these changes because there was no way to get them into the game, despite the fact that they are having to do extra work to get these new default uniforms in the game they are still going to be giving them to you for free, because they feel you shouldn't have to pay for default uniforms. But be clear it is not because they could have included them in the original cut of the game.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 09-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #68
Rookie

TB12TCUPROCOMBAT's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
The reason these uniforms aren't in the game is because they weren't made available to EA in time for them to make the game. That is absolutely on the schools not EA, mid-April is the cutoff date, has been for years. They are doing extra work adding in the uniforms.

And can we stop with the speculation that is accepted as fact and then used to bash EA. We don't know what will be paid yet, they say alternates but elsewhere the wording they use seems to infer the one-time use uniforms will be the paid DLC unis. For example Georgia Tech's white, gold and navy uniforms would be free but if they wore a one-time uniform later this season it would cost money.

Wait until the store freaking opens before you start attacking EA (speculative bashing is the most annoying part about this entire site).

And the crap about teams putting their new uniform info on their sites, that's laughable. SDSU didn't show off their new uniforms until the first game last year, same goes for Kent State in 2010, Georgia Tech has only shown off their uniforms once in the past 5 years (5 different sets of uniforms mind you). Schools don't do press releases about their uniforms unless they set a show-off date, most of them are very quiet about them and they get leaked through twitter or team forums. There were maybe 20 uniform changes (several without pics, but we had heard rumors or been informed of forthcoming changes) on the Uniform Update 5.0 page on the first day, there are now over 100, and none of those were readily available prior to the start thread. Meaning they didn't become available until July, 3 months after the cut-off date for uniforms and a full month after the game went to press).

EA does not have an easy job when it comes to uniforms, they don't get much help from the schools. You are not owed these changes because there was no way to get them into the game, despite the fact that they are having to do extra work to get these new default uniforms in the game they are still going to be giving them to you for free, because they feel you shouldn't have to pay for default uniforms. But be clear it is not because they could have included them in the original cut of the game.

Hey they had already planed this years before this game but now decided to put it in the game this year. They even anounced this uniform store which means just because there was a cutoff date doesn't mean that they hadn't already started working on teams like Arkansas and missouri. They placed this store 16 days before they said uniforms should be in it. Also the only team that hadn't told about their uniforms were Georgia Tech so blame them for trying be secretive about uniforms that everyone apparently hates alot. EA yet again has screwed up their commitment to something and has dissapointed many people who have just given up hope by now on EA commiting to anything they say they will. Don't talk about a stupid cutting point when they said they were already working on the uniform store.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #69
Rookie

trainerdave's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT

You are ok with paying extra money for visual add-ons that do nothing to change the game play of NCAA? The Call Of Duty series offers new maps and gameplay modes with their downloads. Grand Theft Auto provides whole new story lines to add onto their games. But I am expected to pay extra money for visual add-ons? The visual add-ons that do not affect the game besides how I view it.
You are right EA was not given enough time to accurately depict all of the changes for the 2012 season. However after already charging $60 for their game, wouldn't a simple graphic update be a nice gesture? The NHL series has updated entire teams identities and 3rd jerseys for free even after the season started.
I understand EA charging for extras like scouting tips, cheats, and enhancements, but graphics do nothing to change my success in the game. Like I said before, EA has no competition to make them strive to provide a better product or feel the need to offer their consumers freebies because of their loyalty. Who is even to say the quality of updates will be worth the price? EA has dropped the ball so far, what says things will change?
Old 09-04-2012, 10:13 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are all the people that guaranteed Tuesday back tracking to next week now? I won't be surprised if the uniforms in the store are flawed. They should not have launched the store without anything in it. Launching and having to look at it knowing nothing is there will make people irritable and anxious.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:36 PM   #71
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

well I only spent $45 on the game so I still got another $20 I can spend on uniforns I may buy some alts who knows? Depends on what alts are made available, how often I use that team, how much I like the uniforms, and what they charge for it. Obviously any NC State alternates (doubt there will be any) I will get. I will obviously download all the free ones of course though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #72
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeFireThoseCannons
Are all the people that guaranteed Tuesday back tracking to next week now? I won't be surprised if the uniforms in the store are flawed. They should not have launched the store without anything in it. Launching and having to look at it knowing nothing is there will make people irritable and anxious.

I agree it looks bad that they've gone this long without anything in the store. All the major ones already shown weeks before the season starts should have been made available then. Though it makes sense for them to add the store that early so they don't waste another patch just to add the store. I don't know what goes into adding DLC, etc, it would be awesome if EA gave us a reason as to why its taken so long to get some uniforms out now, but we know that will not happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »