Home

Updated ratings for players

This is a discussion on Updated ratings for players within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-23-2003, 07:49 PM   #1
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Updated ratings for players

How have you updated some of the ratings for players in college football this year such as B.J. Symons, Jason White, ect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2003, 09:00 AM   #2
BTG
Pro

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Updated ratings for players

Yea, I go through and update most of the players pretty regularly. It's tedious but it's nice to have when you play your friends.
Old 10-24-2003, 10:51 AM   #3
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Same here... it's hard obviously to see every player in the country play, but you can base some of the adjustments you make from stats (espn.com) but defensive players are little more tricky.

Teams like Northern Illinois I bumped up their QB and MLB... although the MLB is now out for the season he was averaging like 12 tackles per game and was easily the heart of the defense, while their QB (Haldi) has put up good numbers. They're ranked in the top 20 after all.

TCU I made some adjustments as well.. bumped up their backup HB who's filled in and tried to research exactly why their run defense is so good (I think in the top 10 of the country). They're ranked in the top 15, but get no exposure.. so it's hard to research a team like that.

Other players I made adjustments to off the top of my head..

QB Jason White (OK)
RB DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)
QB BJ Symons (TT)
QB Kevin Kolb (HOU) (now the starter)
WR Terrance Copper (ECU)
LB Ikaika Curnan (Hawaii)
QB Brad Gradowski (Toledo) (now the starter)
QB Damien Robinson (ECU) (now the starter)
QB Cory Randolph (WF)
WR Anthony Young (WF)

and probably a dozen others that I can't think of right now... it's definately something I try to keep up with so if others have suggestions I'd like to hear'em.

Old 10-24-2003, 02:49 PM   #4
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

There's actually quite a debate about how good Symons is (see ESPN's front page, there's an article under the NIU story) and whether it's his talent or just the system. Let's face it, TT does nothing but throw the ball all day long (some call it "fast break football"). Some of it is obviously talent, but his numbers are certainly inflated. It's almost the equivalent of a hitter playing at Coors Field in Denver.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:24 PM   #5
Rookie

SnakeEyez's Arena

OVR: 6

Yeah, I have no doubt in my mind that a certain extent of Symons "production" is due to the Red Raiders' system. One of my favorite players, Timmy Chang, has to deal with the same cloud hanging over his head in Hawaii (of course, it's not just the system he plays in but some of the terrible WAC defenses he faces as well.)

After watching Chang against USC earlier this year I think he's the real deal, but who has Symons faced so far?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:

SnakeEyez said:

TCU I made some adjustments as well.. bumped up their backup HB who's filled in and tried to research exactly why their run defense is so good (I think in the top 10 of the country). They're ranked in the top 15, but get no exposure.. so it's hard to research a team like that.

Our best HB was actually our "backup" (on NCAA) Ricky Madison, he's gone for the year with a knee injury. He was fast and very hard to bring down. Much more explosive than Hobbs in my opinion. The other guy (Merrill) who is our 3rd string on NCAA is pretty good, he had shin splints and lost his starting job a couple years ago cause he broke his leg, but he's pretty solid. We have 3 very playable RB's. I think our two backups are a little underrated.

Our run defense revolves around one of the best DE's in the country (Schobel) with very good DT's and overachieving linebackers. Our LB's are underrated I think in the game. We really just have an awesome D-Line. No one we seem to run into can ever push those guys around and our LB's can just run around and make tackles. The only reason our pass defense survives is because our pass rush is so good coincidentally.

My 02.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:24 AM   #7
Dungeoneer

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

My brother upped all of UVa's running backs to provide depth. Personally, I disagree with how good he made them, but now the Cavs don't have a RB below 80, with Wali Lundy still being an 87.

As for me, I'm stuck with unedited Clemson. I personally think WR Kevin Youngblood, QB Charlie Whitehurst, and HB (something) Coleman (#30, should be #3) should be a tad better. Not much, but maybe like 1 or 2 points. Also, K Aaron Hunt should be taken down at least 25 points. He is struggling mightly this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »