Home

Best older NCAA title?

This is a discussion on Best older NCAA title? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Best older NCAA title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
06 and 07 the PS2 and Xbox versions. The 360 versions of 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12 weren't good at all.
You're dead on....
Old 09-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I am 3 teams away from finishing my roster update for NCAA 11 (PS3). There's a thread on it in the roster forum. 11 is hands down my favorite version ever, this gen or last gen.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i would agree that '11 wasnt so bad for this gen, but of course they have all seemed to have a game killing bug on this gen. i think it must be '09 for ps2. it was the last year because they fixed the pursuit issue but they didnt do much to the rosters. it was the only time they only fixed issues and didnt break anything because they didnt add anything new except qb avoidance the last year if I remember right. how hard is it to add medical redshirts on this gen? mindblowing to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #12
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

For me NCAA 06 on PS2 was the most fun I've ever had playing a Football game.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I gotta agree with NCAA 06 for the PS2 (NCAA 11 is the only current game I've played, and it was good enough for me).

I enjoyed the fact that the old-gen games had features like the weekly SI magazine cover based on what was happening throughout the league.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

NCAA 06, playing it now. All d1aa schools,probation, simple recruiting as in less time consuming. There were actually crowd atmosphere, home field mattered, exciting play by play. There does seem to be a long ball glitch in that game too though. But over all game play is the most realistic, ratings matter on any level, and there was no way you were throwing off your back foot in that game and getting away with it.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
I agree with all the others, I loved NCAA 2004 for the PlayStation 2, with Carson Palmer on it. I still have NCAA 2006 for the XBox and it's fantastic and I’m thankful that it still plays on the XBox 360 without issue. Graphics aren't as good as XBox 360, but still very good.

Great, great game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
no way, the ones that came out on old gen after the new gen had come out. so i think 08 and 09. fantastic games. all the auto motion, medical redshirts, spring training and even stats for highschool players. 06 was pretty good but the good ones came out after next gen had started. one of the two had a pursuit issue though. the earlier one i think. if i remember right if you hit the speed burst before the line of scrimmage the angles for the cpu d would get messed up. you had to cross line of scrimmage before using it. that could of even been 07.

and fist the way to go on the new one is all american, no speed or threshold adjustments (this ruins the cpu D). and coverage slider is reversed so drop to 0 or close to if they are covering too good. I feel like im playing a new game the last few days. seems that ea did fix the issues but only if you dont mess with game speed and threshold and some of the sliders stop working if you change from 50. or they work but with un predicatable results. and you know me fist, always a heisman player. the game was to easy other wise. but just went 7-5 on all american. so surprised by this. couldnt believe the great coverage and harder running game. on heisman the cpu cannot stop the human run game. even the triple option out of flex was killing them.
What sliders are u using?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »