Home

NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy

Promises are a great tool in recruiting players to your team in NCAA Football 13. But knowing which promises to use - and when to use them - is also key.

With that in mind, which promises can you make and when is each most effective? Are there any you should try to avoid.

Let's take a brief look at how promises work in NCAA Football 13.

Read More - NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
I thought "Solid Playing Time" meant that you had to start the player the following year. I've promised this to a player before and got him 40 catches from the 3rd spot on the WR depth chart and failed the promise.

The best part about "Winning record against Rivals" is if you only have 1 Rival on your schedule. Win that, and you reach the promise. Works great if one of your rivals isn't very good. I promise that to every recruit.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
It seems like the promises are for the first season the recruit is on campus, unless the promise states other wise.

I promised a game in players home state, forgot to schedule it his freshman year and it said I broke the promise.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NCAA Football 13: Recruiting Promises Strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
THE PROMISE - WON'T RECRUIT ANOTHER PLAYER AT POSITION FIRST YEAR ON CAMPUS

Now we're starting to get into the promises that I don't use very often, if ever. This promise is a really tough one and should only be used on that one guy in a recruiting class who you think will put you over the top. For example the #1 overall prospect or the #1 overall at his position, at a position of need for your team. The danger here is that you get an incoming class that is loaded with great players at that recruits poistion and you have to pass on them to keep your promise. I personally reserve this one for skill position players and even then, it's on a case by case basis.

This promise is not available to athletes obviously and the best recruits to promise this to are the guys who are most interested in early playing time.

THE PROMISE - WON'T SIGN ANOTHER PLAYER AT POSITION FIRST YEAR ON CAMPUS

This one is very similar to the "won't recruit another player" promise, except you get a little wiggle room to recruit the player, but not sign him. I'm really not quite sure how this is helpful to your program, other than the fact that it let's you potentially block another school from getting the commitment by keeping his interest highest in your school.

Once again, this one isn't available to be promised to athletes, and is most effective on those recruits who covet early playing time. The upshot with both this promise and the previous promise, is that you can recruit athletes who can be turned into players at the positions of need.
These 2 promises are actually:
Won't recruit another player of same position first year on campus
Won't sign a player at the same position before first year on campus

I never noticed that one said "recruit" while the other said "sign" but from what I've seen, that doesn't matter as they're both broken/kept based on who you sign. The important word that differentiates them is "before." For the 2nd one (the one with before) that's for your current class. This means that I'm telling the DT that I'm currently recruiting that he'll be the only DT that I sign in this class. For the 1st promise I'm telling that DT that I during his FR season (which won't be the current class I'm signing but the one I'll sign next year) I won't sign any other DTs.

I don't use the 1st one often as it's cloudier as to whether or not I can keep the promise. The 2nd one is much easier and I use it pretty often if I only need 1 guy at a position in the current recruiting class that I'm working on. IE. for my 3-4, if I'm returning 3 DTs, then I'll only sign 1 more DT in this class so promising that I won't sign another DT before he steps foot on campus is a slam dunk. In that same scenario, if the 3 returning DTs are all currently underclassmen, then I could promise that I won't sign anyone during his FR year and it'd be easy to keep if no one transferred away. That could be a big if though, which makes it much riskier than the before promise.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 13
Won't recruit/won't sign are really useful for kickers & punters, since as long as you've scouted out a good one you won't be wasting recruiting time on a replacement that first year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
Won't recruit/won't sign are really useful for kickers & punters, since as long as you've scouted out a good one you won't be wasting recruiting time on a replacement that first year.
Yeah. I use these promises on positions where I don't have many guys. Kickers and punters are obvious. FB is another great one (for my spread option attack) and I use it for TEs an safeties if my returning guys are young as I only keep 3 of each on my roster.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #7
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
I was hoping that I'd found a concrete answer to my question of whether or not you had to get the game in their home state year 1 but I'm afraid to use your article as a reference since you have several things that are inaccurate. For one, to keep the redshirt promise you not only have to refrain from putting a redshirt on them in preseason but you also have to at least get them in for 1 play during the season. If you don't do that the game will automatically redshirt them - learned from that mistake myself. Second, in order to fulfill the solid playing time promise they must start. I'm not sure exactly how many games but I do know that I have not broken this promise for anyone that was listed as a starter in the depth chart at the end of the season. I haven't been brave enough to test it by only putting them there before the last game of the season, but I'd say that it would work.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

I always use won't recruit and sign for fb, k, p, and qbs.
tv time is good
top 10
conference titles
freshman all american is good too. I use all 50 rotation spots so freshmen play quite a bit for me in some way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »