Home

Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

This is a discussion on Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Better patch & tuner management is badly needed for NCAA Series

EA, pleas patch the sliders and make them work right. That would be awesome. QB's are way too accurate, autopass feature is too accurate, LB's react too quickly, Deep ball issue, etc. Thanks.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #58
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
EA, pleas patch the sliders and make them work right. That would be awesome. QB's are way too accurate, autopass feature is too accurate, LB's react too quickly, Deep ball issue, etc. Thanks.
Some of the sliders are FUBAR and have been for several yrs. It's frustrating to go into practice mode and test out some user catching only to find out that the QB accuracy slider actually works!!!!! Then you go back to a play now game and the slider doesn't affect the flight of the ball one bit...it's beyond frustrating.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

GMSS has great input. Very valuable input.

The major problem I have found with the game is that on AA and Heisman, the safeties go into no mans land, I have a varsity set where the AI plays almost perfect pass defense. However, the AI on offense almost seems to sabotage itself to lose.

For me and quite a few people, we would like to play the higher levels but can't.

If the AI could play pass coverage like I have in my varsity set, the game would be saved for alot of people.

On Heisman, if you could do the following 4 things, I would be a very satisfied customer until you can get GMSS crequests implemented for future titles...
1. Have the AI pass coverage not have the safeties go into no man's land and leave streaks and posts wide open.

2. Use the same AI FG attempt logic on Heisman that they use on AA and Varsity. On Heisman they try 55 yard+ FGs which kills the field position. The logic on Varsity and AA is perfect.

3. Make fumbles more frequent WITHOUT the use of gameplanning like Big Hits and Strip ball.

4. Make the QBA slider work. Right now it has crazy effects on the game, but at 0 or at 100, the human always throws passes right on the money.

Thanks.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 PM   #60
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

IMO UFC 3 career mode explained difficulty levels the best out of any game I ever played. They were brutally honest of what the CPU would do and wouldn't do based on the difficulty level. Even though a lot of companies won't openly admit it, they all share the same general idea behind difficulty levels.

On the default and easier levels the AI will hold back and not use their full arsenal. The higher you go, the more they will use. And on the hardest level, reality is thrown out the window and the CPU is designed to put up a challenge at all costs.

I don't believe in that philosophy of being hard just for the sake of being hard. A level of realism should still be maintained. If I had it my way I would call the highest setting of every game the reckless level. Because in reality that what the CPU AI is on that level, they are reckless. Highly aggressive without THINKING.

They do more harm to themselves then you. Just stay calm and sit back, they will play themselves into a loss.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:01 AM   #61
Rookie

jj06's Arena

OVR: 0

whats the deal with scripted TDs for the computer?

at least on 2 or 3 drives you are unable to stop the computer and they score on a long drive. this happens ALL THE TIME unless im playing against the FCS teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 2

I also feel like some games are just programmed for me to lose. I can't explain it but it just feels that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj06
whats the deal with scripted TDs for the computer?

at least on 2 or 3 drives you are unable to stop the computer and they score on a long drive. this happens ALL THE TIME unless im playing against the FCS teams
Old 09-19-2012, 08:39 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmdotFrisk
While I like this concept do you know why its 40-99 and not 1-100? 360 and PS3 couldn't handle this amount of compressed animations.

What would you do if you were limited to the same amount of animations as currently in Madden/NCAA?
So utilizing a 59 pt scale to house the triggering points for both single model and multi-model animations/interactions brings clarity to the issue and how the limitations really impact what can be done.

So since the limitations will not allow the translation of so many dynamic interactions that happen during any given one play to be translated over into the game (as we all would like) to make gameplay more fluid/dynamic, developement has had to use animations that are "Generalized" for all models no matter height/weight/position.

(ie "Youtube Vids" of a Punter blocking a DL the same as an OL etc...)

Is there an established number/limit of animations that the game is held to (ex 600)
or does that number vary depending on the amount of space taken by each animation?

Instead of posting another wish list, some brainstorming with what we currently have.

WR/DB LOS "Struggle" Animation:
What Ratings tie into the WR/DB animations/interaction at the LOS or is it an animation that's automatically triggered?

My thought:
- Could this animation be patched/tuned into the OL/Def Player interaction?
- It's a LOS "Struggle" animation that's already there and represents the initial struggle that would occur anyway before any defensive moves are performed.

A) This would help clean up many OL/DL issues:
1) It would aid in plays like screens animating properly across the board because...
- QB drop back screen animation have proper time to animate w/out making that animation so fast that the QB will be standing there bouncing up-n-down waiting.

2) Just like at the end of WR/DB "LOS Struggling" animation were the DB breaks out of the animation and animates as though he's passing the WR to his teammate, this animation could be used to animate out in the exact same way with the OL, thus...
- allowing the pocket to be more dynamic in how it's formed instead of the forced pre-defined pocket that has G's and RB's simply dropping back, standing and waiting to be triggered into an animation or sliding behind other OL to simulate picking up a block for the sake of forming a pocket.

B) It's the answer to "Blocks" on Special Teams.
1) This animation creates "lanes" within the LOS for blocks to occur.
- lanes would be dynamic instead of pre-canned/determined allowing blocks to come from anywhere.
2) K/P kicking animation speed can be coded to vary (faster to slower) as these LOS "Struggle" animations animate, aiding in blocks while adding another dynamic variable to the Special Teams.
*** would make these players actually play a role in the game.

Ratings would con't to dictate how fast a player breaks away/out of this animation inside these two thoughts.

This LOS "Struggle" Animation happening on the perimeter of the line, does not stray too far away from the struggle that happens in the interior of the line.
- maybe it can be chained from player to player on the LOS

Again, because the consoles place a limitation on the number of animations this game can have available, we must be creative and look at utilizing what's already being used in the game as an animation aid to other areas/interactions that need help.

Just thingking outside the box!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 4

There has been 1 game play update don't expect much more like the title states the post support for this game is horrendous. And when they do put out a patch it won't be what's on these forums it never is.
What happen to when you would buy a game and it just worked no updates nothing now every game has a tuner update a month after it comes out wtf
selling unfinished games perhaps
at least madden gets update pushes for their online players CCM an thats not saying much because they make offline users wait.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »