Home

How Is The Coach's Contract This Yr

This is a discussion on How Is The Coach's Contract This Yr within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2003, 04:09 PM   #1
MVP

Skins4Life's Arena

OVR: 14
How Is The Coach\'s Contract This Yr

Is this feature better than last yr. I remember last year they were nice, bu thad some glitches.

Waht is new in this dept, if anything?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2003, 09:07 PM   #2
Rookie

Jeremy_Stein's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How Is The Coach\'s Contract This Yr

The contract system is muy improved. your original contract is still for 3 years, but you can get an extension of up to 6 years (longest I've seen) at any point. I won a national championship with Tulane and got a 6 year extension.

Also, teams will offer you contracts based on your performance. If you play as Bowling Green and then trounce USC, then USC might offer you a 3-4 year contract at the end of the season. The dialogue that shows info about the team offering you a contract is detailed and helpful. And it seems intelligent.

I beat Miami with Minnesota in the 2nd year of a dynasty. Minnesota wound up ranked 3rd after losing the NC on a last secon field goal (this is why I heart NCAA 2004). Miami lost their bowl game and another regular season game... to rutgers. At the end of the season, Miami offered Minnesota coach Glen Mason a 4-year contract. Unspeakably cool.

Lest I forget, there is still a goal system, but not fulfilling all goals does not mean you will lose your job... it will just get you a shorter renewal sometimes, and put you on the hot seat. I'm not sure if they had the indicator last year, but there is a bar and grade (A+ to F) for you job security. The comments are still there, and even those seem improved.

I think the coaching contracts are fantastic this year.
Old 10-28-2003, 05:01 PM   #3
MVP

Skins4Life's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: How Is The Coach\'s Contract This Yr

Quote:

jdawg said:
The contract system is muy improved. your original contract is still for 3 years, but you can get an extension of up to 6 years (longest I've seen) at any point. I won a national championship with Tulane and got a 6 year extension.

Also, teams will offer you contracts based on your performance. If you play as Bowling Green and then trounce USC, then USC might offer you a 3-4 year contract at the end of the season. The dialogue that shows info about the team offering you a contract is detailed and helpful. And it seems intelligent.

I beat Miami with Minnesota in the 2nd year of a dynasty. Minnesota wound up ranked 3rd after losing the NC on a last secon field goal (this is why I heart NCAA 2004). Miami lost their bowl game and another regular season game... to rutgers. At the end of the season, Miami offered Minnesota coach Glen Mason a 4-year contract. Unspeakably cool.

Lest I forget, there is still a goal system, but not fulfilling all goals does not mean you will lose your job... it will just get you a shorter renewal sometimes, and put you on the hot seat. I'm not sure if they had the indicator last year, but there is a bar and grade (A+ to F) for you job security. The comments are still there, and even those seem improved.

I think the coaching contracts are fantastic this year.

Thanks, sounds awsome

I can only hope the PS2 price will drop by X-Mas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »