Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2012, 12:59 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Wish it was, bk.

The glitch is alive unfortunately. The more people that say they don't see it are just kidding themselves, or choose not to see it. Find any youtube full game video - and you will see it.
Matt I am with you 100%. EA can restore my faith by simply fixing this lone issue. Until then, this game remains on the shelf as completely unplayable!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #18
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I think it boils down to most people play in online dynasties and can careless. While they scoring long TD bombs, they think it is their stick skills that did that, when in reality it was BS AI that did that.

YOU DIDN"T SCORE THAT!
Old 09-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #19
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

I wouldn't have a big problem with it if the intercept and swat button were as responsive as they should be.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #20
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Wish it was, bk.

The glitch is alive unfortunately. The more people that say they don't see it are just kidding themselves, or choose not to see it. Find any youtube full game video - and you will see it.
I play with West Virginia and at first I thought I just had really great receivers with this game but then I would go to the replay and that's when I found exactly what you are talking about.

I don't want to be a dark cloud here when it comes to the game as there's a lot that EA did well with it but this issue has got to be addressed because, as you said, as long as it's there the game is almost rigged if you've got the ball with a minute to play and are down by 4 because you just need to get a receiver past the secondary and it's a guaranteed touchdown.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
I play with West Virginia and at first I thought I just had really great receivers with this game but then I would go to the replay and that's when I found exactly what you are talking about.

I don't want to be a dark cloud here when it comes to the game as there's a lot that EA did well with it but this issue has got to be addressed because, as you said, as long as it's there the game is almost rigged if you've got the ball with a minute to play and are down by 4 because you just need to get a receiver past the secondary and it's a guaranteed touchdown.
Man - I know. When I was testing sliders, I thought this game was going to be an incredible journey to a FULL season of college football for me. Until I started to wonder why my receivers were getting so wide open - and it was so easy to sccore long TDs.

I'm glad others are aware. I had no doubt actually, but noone was saying anything as in starting a thread. I've been preaching this all week, but if EA would just focus on satisfying the sim player - the arcade gamers would be taken care of; as long as they keep providing accurate and up to date uniforms that is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 02:42 AM   #22
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
I'm glad others are aware. I had no doubt actually, but noone was saying anything as in starting a thread. I've been preaching this all week, but if EA would just focus on satisfying the sim player - the arcade gamers would be taken care of; as long as they keep providing accurate and up to date uniforms that is.

No one was starting a thread because we already have a Bug & Glitch thread to report these things to.

Also a lot of Sim players care about getting accurate and up to date uniforms, thats a bad example for arcade gamers.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:04 AM   #23
Rookie

Moses06's Arena

OVR: 4

Sad thing is all they need to do is stop the CPU from switching the zone coverage adjustment to "aggressive" and problem is solved. in my offline dynasty, i'm the OC and it pains me to watch the defensive plays because the secondary is constantly getting beat deep (by wide margins) due to "safety shenanigans"/the DB glitch. When I check the game plan adjustment, the cpu has again switched the zone coverage to aggressive, even if i had switched it back to normal or conservative earlier. So this problem impacts not only the CPU, but also user teams if they are the OC in their dynasty and watching defensive plays. I assume it impacts coach mode players as well.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:37 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses06
Sad thing is all they need to do is stop the CPU from switching the zone coverage adjustment to "aggressive" and problem is solved. in my offline dynasty, i'm the OC and it pains me to watch the defensive plays because the secondary is constantly getting beat deep (by wide margins) due to "safety shenanigans"/the DB glitch. When I check the game plan adjustment, the cpu has again switched the zone coverage to aggressive, even if i had switched it back to normal or conservative earlier. So this problem impacts not only the CPU, but also user teams if they are the OC in their dynasty and watching defensive plays. I assume it impacts coach mode players as well.
Agreed. Ark found the issue, as did Cheda in the sliders section. The aggressive gameplan causes shenanigans. I thought for sure they had found a fix - but tis what not the case unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
No one was starting a thread because we already have a Bug & Glitch thread to report these things to.

Also a lot of Sim players care about getting accurate and up to date uniforms, thats a bad example for arcade gamers.
Yeah, I already reported to EA's help center. I uploaded pics to illustrate the point. I posted in the NCAA forums there as well. My post was deleted by a mod on the forums. I received great customer support from the chat rep, but who knows how much power that works towards.

Wonder why the sliders forums is starting to dwindle down now? Wonder why GMS (Gotmadskillz) thread here has almost 1500 views in 3 days? Sim players care about having a playable game first. Arcade gamers are the guys shouting at the game on their youtube commentary, wondering why that receiver was so wide open...followed by expletives.

Stripping down my comments into arguments is pointless, it's about playing the college football game first; not playing dress up.

All the other stuff like uniforms, socks lengths, helmet designs, college atmosphere is always second priority to playability. Shouldn't that be a given? So when it doesn't seem like it - and the Bugs and Glitches thread just seems more of a place to vent than to actually attempt to make a change - we have to start threads, and what better way to have people vote for what they want. Notice I didn't include any other options other than the safety glitch, even though we are well aware there are others, but it's my belief that this is the ONE thing from keeping NCAA 13 to being playable versus another drink coaster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »