Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #585
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
True, but ideally in an online dynasty, don't you want every game to be meaningful. Years back, I was in a great online dynasty with hard Heisman sliders where the humans actually lost some games to the CPU. Every game counted. Users were going to lesser bowls. Some had 4 or 5 losses. Best online dynasty I was ever in. With this glitch, its almost a guarantee that noone will lose to the CPU.
People will still lose to the cpu. The glitch isn't as bad as last years. Not to mention if you're playing in a sim league it is easy to see who is abusing a "glitch" against the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 06:49 PM   #586
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
People will still lose to the cpu. The glitch isn't as bad as last years. Not to mention if you're playing in a sim league it is easy to see who is abusing a "glitch" against the cpu.
While i do agree is less bad than last year. Its still being a game killer for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #587
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Haven't seen it at all. Hope this helps.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #588
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think EA should have actually made use of the awareness rating. Yes players misread plays. happens all the time, even on plays where there are good results. But what sets apart a misread play from a glitch is when it is consistent. If a player can on a regular basis be caught out of position or a normal, lets say.....streak, like from what the videos show from a simple cover 2 or cover 3 with any lets say routes to throw him off or a pump fake from a qb then i think thats a little more than misreads. Isnt the purpose of the awareness rating is to separate players who make bonehead plays or constantly playing with their feet more than their brain from players who can actually read and diagnose a play and make proper adjustments. It can be countered tho (i play as the safety anyway) but I would like to see the game being able to manage on its own for just 4 secs, i mean we cant play as all 11 ppl on the field right?
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #589
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
You know guy's - everyone has different opinions. It doesn't make one group right or the other group right. People see different things and that is very obvious with NCAA 14. This years game may play sim for some, and not so much for others - but it doesn't mean everyone has to be smart asses all the time. 90% of the NCAA forum is basically unreadable because of all the bitching, accusations, and just general sophomoric attitude that is being displayed - So if that's your goal, than please just continue posting this way -
If this post is related to this specific CPU coverage issue I strongly disagree. This zone aggressive switch is not a matter of opinion. So there is a wrong and there is a right here. You either see it or you don't. The opinion part kicks in after you decide how it affects your playing experience. I agree with you there should be no name calling and other ppl's views should never be marginalized.

This thread has been up here since last year. I can tell you a lot of us put in a lot of testing hoping EA would patch this, but yet it's still in the game. I agree with you that there is a lot of nonconstructive complaining and bitching in these forums, but to suggest in your post that this very dedicated thread possibly falls under that same category is very unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Haven't seen it at all. Hope this helps.
Hey Tarheel I rented the game and saw it this morning after work.

Last edited by Sundown2600; 07-16-2013 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 PM   #590
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
If this post is related to this specific CPU coverage issue I strongly disagree. This zone aggressive switch is not a matter of opinion. So there is a wrong and there is a right here. You either see it or you don't. The opinion part kicks in after you decide how it affects your playing experience. I agree with you there should be no name calling and other ppl's views should never be marginalized.

This thread has been up here since last year. I can tell you a lot of us put in a lot of testing hoping EA would patch this, but yet it's still in the game. I agree with you that there is a lot of nonconstructive complaining and bitching in these forums, but to suggest in your post that this very dedicated thread possibly falls under that same category is very unfair.
Listen - I am not trying to derail this thread and I am not saying that anyone is wrong or right. My only point was that people can have differing opinions on something and it doesn't have to turn into "I'm right and you're wrong" bitch fest where people openly mock each other for not sharing the same opinion. This is the last I will say on this -
Old 07-16-2013, 10:26 PM   #591
Rookie

OVR: 4

The annoying part is that the issue is still in the game from last year.

*plays games to 2nd half*

*switches to opposing (CPU) team*

*sees everything is on balanced setting except for zone defense*

Where's the opinion? I just finished my offensive playbook yet can't use it because I can't play this game on AA or Heisman settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #592
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thbends
You guys crack me up. I don't work for EA. I work for CBS.

Here's the deal. I like coming to this forum because guys are passionate about football games like I am. I love this community... HOWEVA... some people it seems just like to complain. You want realism but heaven forbid your plays make the wrong reads. Those do not mix. There are probably multiple misreads in every play of a college game.

I see what you are talking about in this thread and yea I think it's an AI issue but it doesn't kill the game for me and it doesn't happen as much as it use to. I'm fine with it and I'm fine with my safety misreading plays at times.

Now if it happens ALL the time then I might complain.

Some teams are just good at making the defense screw up. Baylor has been like that for a few years now. It's amazing how many deep balls they complete.
Does your work with CBS include fiction or storytelling? I mean it's obvious that there is a core game problem, it's rather simple to pause talking out of your **** long enough to actually check that the settings adjust themselves to an aggressive zone setting. This FORCES the DB's to make errors and glitch/ end of story.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »