Home

This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

This is a discussion on This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should EA place fixing the DB Glitch as their highest priority?
Absolutely - I can't play this game until it's fixed. 220 66.27%
I don't care as long as I can score easily and win. 27 8.13%
Shut up can I just have more uniforms? 85 25.60%
Voters: 332. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #593
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: This Needs to be Polled: how many are aware of the DB Glitch?I

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
The thing that bothers me is the fact I thought I had become awesome at decoding the defensive secondary. I was applauding the game for implementing deep defensive breakdowns at random moments, allowing me to exploit the coverage in rare situations.

Then I realized I wasn't decoding the secondary, I was on to a pattern. I even bragged in OT about hitting a 70 yard game winning bomb b/c the defender had a brain cramp. I learned it wasn't random at all...

I came across this thread and it broke my heart lol. The CPU pattern I'd identified was completely a glitch and many other dudes has picked up on the same thing. Skill wasn't the reason I was suddenly tossing for 500+ yards a game, it was a glitch.

I've never been the type of gamer to say "rabble rabble, if [this] isn't fixed I won't waste my $60!" (partly because I always wait for gaming deals, but that's besides the point), but the DB glitch really ruins it for me. If you want to self-govern it, you have to alter your gameplan and eliminate certain plays/routes that might benefit you...

...**** it I'm rambling and need beer

You mean it was a glitch all along & you didn't outsmart the CPU - please tell me no! What's next?!? No such thing as Santa???
Old 07-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #594
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
People will still lose to the cpu. The glitch isn't as bad as last years. Not to mention if you're playing in a sim league it is easy to see who is abusing a "glitch" against the cpu.
Tha's what ppl don't understand. Not everyone wants to play in a league believe it or not. Some of us just want use the little free time that we have to play an offline user vs cpu dynasty, but those days are dead in the water for a lot of us. Some ppl are still enjoying it so hats of to them.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:45 PM   #595
Banned

football200414's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
You can't really play sim with the glitch because there will be a time in the waning seconds when it is sim to call a streak pattern. And the glitch will happen, and you will get a cheap TD and win the game.

You can't unsee the glitch as much as you may try now.

I didn't buy Madden last year, but it wasn't there in 12. I have not heard reports of it, but you better hold out on buying it until others post their findings.
That could be somewhat neutralized by controlling the DB yourself, but then again this more of a games vs. CPU issue anyhow
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #596
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
That could be somewhat neutralized by controlling the DB yourself, but then again this more of a games vs. CPU issue anyhow
How can I control the DB when I'm on offense? I'm not talking about the human team DB's glitching out, I'm talking about the AI opponent.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #597
Banned

football200414's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
How can I control the DB when I'm on offense? I'm not talking about the human team DB's glitching out, I'm talking about the AI opponent.
I know but you were responding to someone that was referring to it not being an issue with OD games, where the games that really matter are against other users. Pull your claws back, I'm on your side with the DB Glitch. I was more or less saying don't sweat it when it comes to OD games against other users cuz you can offset it

EDIT: you said even those games come down to a situation where 4 verts is needed & you score a cheap TD to win, but a smart user would be on a DB in those desperation plays anyhow

Last edited by football200414; 07-16-2013 at 11:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:31 AM   #598
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
You mean it was a glitch all along & you didn't outsmart the CPU - please tell me no! What's next?!? No such thing as Santa???
What do you mean? Are you implying there is no Santa?
Old 07-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #599
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Tha's what ppl don't understand. Not everyone wants to play in a league believe it or not. Some of us just want use the little free time that we have to play an offline user vs cpu dynasty, but those days are dead in the water for a lot of us. Some ppl are still enjoying it so hats of to them.
I know not everyone wants to play in a league. I was just saying that's the only reason I bought the game.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 AM   #600
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I know not everyone wants to play in a league. I was just saying that's the only reason I bought the game.
Gotcha bro sorry for the confusion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »