Home

If I was a head coach, I would have fired my online coach

This is a discussion on If I was a head coach, I would have fired my online coach within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
If I was a head coach, I would have fired my online coach

The oline blocking is in desperate need of repair. For the life of me I cannot figure out the schemes or techniques being used. I call a play and have no idea if I'm going to get big on big or zone blocking. I have no idea if I'm going to get an outblock or a double team. Call the same play verse the same defense and the line will block it differently every time. It feels like a random wheel spins before the play and that's the blocking you're going to get and I always assume wrong.

Don't even get me started on pulling linemen or blockers in space. If you get a lineman to the second level good luck getting them to block for you, let alone just get in the way of the defender. I know you have to set blocks up and I rarely use the sprint button, but when a pulling lineman is heading forward and you're trying to set up a block it's infuriating when he does a 180 and goes for the guy behind you. Wr blocking is a joke. The only blocks they give are look out blocks.

I feel that ea needs to hire an oline coach to get this problem straight. I'd pay out of my personal pocket. Heck I know some peewee coaches that get third graders blocking
better.

Guess its wishful thinking. To fix oline blocking means they have to overhaul line interactions. Guess I have to wait for next Gen, even though it worked last Gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: If I was a head coach, I would have fired my online coach

I've had several 100+ yard rushing games on AA with 5 min quarters. Guess my o-line coach needs a raise.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #3
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

My OLine in my Beavers Dynasty has no issues. I run the ball a LOT. They seem to do fine. Set up blocks and get down field to block (or get in the way) of Defensive players. Seems to work fine for me. The killer things are the holding penalties after I bust a long run because my RS Freshman decides that since I am not running to his side of the line he should hold because he wants some loving and attention. Bah! Other then that I haven't had issues with the OL. Sorry yours sucks so bad though. It will get better for you.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #4
Rookie

Rifleman's Arena

I've played a lot of the modes of this game. Heisman challenge, online dynasty, road to glory and I definitely get what the original poster is complaining about.

Too often I see my FB or OL running in front of me after we get through the first level and he will turn around to block a nonexistant defender only to have me get tackled by the guy he should have blocked.

Pulling linemen are horrible at picking up LBers that come around the edge. Many times they will completely ignore them when they are a step away and go for a safety that is 20 yards down field, only to have me get tackled in the backfield.

For the most part I know which plays this will happen on and now I dont call them. But I shouldn't have to limit my play calling based on some quirk or bug in the blocking AI.

This game is 1 billion times better than last year's debacle but it definitely has some issues. I don't mind a missed block every once in a while but when you see it constistently and predictably well that's a problem. perhaps with very high rated players this doesn't happen. I mostly play with the 1 star Texas St, on somewhat difficult AA sliders. But I see this issue on heisman and RTG as well.

still love the game just wish this problem would go away.

Yours Truly and Forever,
Rifleman

Last edited by Rifleman; 09-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8

Although I agree with the OP, I have not had the same issues to the extent you are.

In my Wisconsin OD I have 520 rushing yards on 78 attempts through 3 games. (7 min qtr on Heisman) The biggest thing I have found is that I needed to let a hole develop instead of bouncing outside or cutting back right after the hand off.

MY biggest beef is with full backs and lineman in space and pulling lineman, I have been tackled to many times in huge holes because my lineman/fullback has stopped in the middle of it or tried to block someone behind me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I think that it all depends on the ranking of the offensive line. I have played as a lot of schools and it varies from team to team how well the o-line does.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #7
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
I completely agree with the OP. I have no problem getting rushing yards, but it's very annoying how inconsistent the AI OL is
Old 09-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildeanx
...For the life of me I cannot figure out the schemes or techniques being used. I call a play and have no idea if I'm going to get big on big or zone blocking. I have no idea if I'm going to get an outblock or a double team. Call the same play verse the same defense and the line will block it differently every time. It feels like a random wheel spins before the play and that's the blocking you're going to get and I always assume wrong...
suction blocking, that what you get in this game. Either that or whiffs. No in-between.

They've needed to work on the line interactions for the last 10 years, and instead they decide to add things like Heisman Challenge and USC song girls

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »