Home

Custom Super Conference Scheduling

This is a discussion on Custom Super Conference Scheduling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Rookie

erod328's Arena

OVR: 2
Custom Super Conference Scheduling

I plan on making four with the rest of the conferences having eight teams a piece, but I'd like to know what to expect before uprooting all the teams. Has anyone had any problems this year running super conferences? Also, in a sixteen team conference with no protected rivalries, how many conference games would they play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #2
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Custom Super Conference Scheduling

i dont think you will be able to do that because a conference can not have less than 4 team in it. i tried to raid the other conferences per the announced 2013-2014 moves, but MW cant go below 4 teams. probably has something to do with the bowl tie ins. I wish you could just dissolve a conference though
Old 09-13-2012, 01:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman490
i dont think you will be able to do that because a conference can not have less than 4 team in it. i tried to raid the other conferences per the announced 2013-2014 moves, but MW cant go below 4 teams. probably has something to do with the bowl tie ins. I wish you could just dissolve a conference though

This could easily be done. There are 11 conferences: 4 conferences of 16 teams equals 64, 7 conferences of 8 teams equals 56, leaving Independents with 3 teams.

Now, back to the OP: I do not have an answer for you, sorry.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:49 AM   #4
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1

I did this in 12 and it worked just fine. I wanna say there was 8 or 9 conference games. I am leaning on it being 9 and 3 non-conference games. I guess 10 if you count the Conference Championship game. SEC, PAC-12, BIG10, ACC were the 4 I used. I am sure it will work for you this year. Good luck man.

Last edited by thedudescrew; 09-13-2012 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Changing number of conference games
Old 09-13-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Rookie

erod328's Arena

Thanks for your help. I'm finishing up season four of my offline dynasty, and i'm moving things around for year five and beyond. I'm going to have five AQ's; four big 16-team conferences based on their four year final average in game conference prestige, with the fifth AQ conference teams rotating every four years based on their final poll position. hopefully the new uni's will hit PS3 before I start season five!

Thanks again for all of your help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 01:26 PM   #6
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

Here's the breakdown from when the feature was introduced last year:

4-8 schools – 7 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else. For conferences of 4-6 schools FCS opponents will play the part of your additional conference games.

9 schools – 8 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

10 schools – 9 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

11 schools – 8 conference games with a rotation of other conference members.

12 schools – 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals. (Note: C-USA will use their 8 conference game, no protected rival format by default)

13 schools – 8 conference games. Protected Rivals are not available in conferences with odd numbered schools.

14 schools – 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals.

15 schools – 10 conference games. Depending on the rotation you will have 6-7 division games in a year with 3-4 rotating cross divisional games (based on the MAC’s 13 school schedule rotation)

16 schools – 9 conference games. With protected rivals you will have 7 division games, 1 protected rival, and 1 rotating cross division opponent. Without protected rivals you will have 7 division games and 2 rotating cross division games.
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by krildog; 09-13-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Rookie

erod328's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krildog
Here's the breakdown from when the feature was introduced last year:

4-8 schools – 7 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else. For conferences of 4-6 schools FCS opponents will play the part of your additional conference games.

9 schools – 8 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

10 schools – 9 conference games. There are no protected rivals since everyone plays everyone else.

11 schools – 8 conference games with a rotation of other conference members.

12 schools – 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals. (Note: C-USA will use their 8 conference game, no protected rival format by default)

13 schools – 8 conference games. Protected Rivals are not available in conferences with odd numbered schools.

14 schools – 8 conference games when using protected rivals. 9 conference games when not using protected rivals.

15 schools – 10 conference games. Depending on the rotation you will have 6-7 division games in a year with 3-4 rotating cross divisional games (based on the MAC’s 13 school schedule rotation)

16 schools – 9 conference games. With protected rivals you will have 7 division games, 1 protected rival, and 1 rotating cross division opponent. Without protected rivals you will have 7 division games and 2 rotating cross division games.
With the rules laid out above, I could create five 16 team conferences, while leaving 7 teams in the rest of the conferences. With 7 teams, each team would play 6 conference games, not 7. What is the conference game threshold? It seems, from reading above, that 7 conference games is the magic number; meaning I'd need at least 8 teams per conference to avoid inflated conference wins.

That was alot of "conference"s!
Old 09-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #8
Rookie

krildog's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by erod328
With the rules laid out above, I could create five 16 team conferences, while leaving 7 teams in the rest of the conferences. With 7 teams, each team would play 6 conference games, not 7. What is the conference game threshold? It seems, from reading above, that 7 conference games is the magic number; meaning I'd need at least 8 teams per conference to avoid inflated conference wins.

That was alot of "conference"s!
The minumium amount is 7. If your conference has less than 8 teams, it fills the other games with FCS schools.

If you do 4 16-team conferences, you would then have enough teams to do 7 8-team conferences and have 3 teams left as independents (at least 1 school must be indy).
Chicago White Sox
Indiana Hoosiers
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »