Home

Player Model limitations

This is a discussion on Player Model limitations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #1
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
Player Model limitations

I was just wondering how many of you noticed this when putting personal touches on your rosters or favorite players. It seems that certain face or head models are restricted to certain heights. I've noticed this when trying to edit Denard Robinson from Michigan. with his current size (6'0'' 195), you cannot make him Dark skinned with dreads, only medium. If you use a different player and try to re-create Denard, it will let you make him dark skinned with dreads, but once you switch his position to QB, you lose the head model.

I'm not sure why they have limitations on head models with certain positions or you are limited based on height. This seems broken. Another example would be Lineman with skinny face options only. I've noticed this a lot as well. I would think you should be able to put any face on any body type or position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Player Model limitations

Yeah, they were lazy when it comes to how players look, probably because they have helmets on all the time. I wish they would have atleast implemented the ability to choose hair and face seperate.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 0

I think they hire temps to do player models and it shows. I would suggest they quit cutting corners and get it done right. Or at least make sure the temps they do hire (if they in fact hire temps) are good at what they do AND have enough time to do what they have to do.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:45 AM   #4
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

It's always been like that on the ps3/360 games. This isn't the first year they did that.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrownsrevenge
I was just wondering how many of you noticed this when putting personal touches on your rosters or favorite players. It seems that certain face or head models are restricted to certain heights. I've noticed this when trying to edit Denard Robinson from Michigan. with his current size (6'0'' 195), you cannot make him Dark skinned with dreads, only medium. If you use a different player and try to re-create Denard, it will let you make him dark skinned with dreads, but once you switch his position to QB, you lose the head model.

I'm not sure why they have limitations on head models with certain positions or you are limited based on height. This seems broken. Another example would be Lineman with skinny face options only. I've noticed this a lot as well. I would think you should be able to put any face on any body type or position.
Did nobody besides me notice that an Ohio State fan mentioned favorite players and editing Denard Robinson in the same paragraph? Something is fishy here.. But yeah this has been EA cutting corners for years. I wish it would change. But they're lazy. And cheap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #6
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Also, I hate to see incoming freshman with the 30 year old looking lineman heads. I'm compelled to change everyone that I see.

There shouldn't be a reason why that can't just restrict the head models based on weight (that way you don't end up with skinny guy heads on 315 lb OL/DL players or vice versa). Technically they're all available anyway. You just have to muck around with height and/or weight to see the other ones.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
Did nobody besides me notice that an Ohio State fan mentioned favorite players and editing Denard Robinson in the same paragraph? Something is fishy here.. But yeah this has been EA cutting corners for years. I wish it would change. But they're lazy. And cheap.
I meant other people editing their favorite players. Denard is not a fav of mine. as a roster editor it's infuriating when you cannot make a player look like he should look. Esp when the tools are there.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #8
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

The offensive Lineman drive me nuts as well. There's no reason a 6'5'' 295 lb guy should have a skinny head model. It just looks ridiculous. Why can't EA fix this? How hard can it be?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »