Home

Players Leaving/Transfers

This is a discussion on Players Leaving/Transfers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13
Players Leaving/Transfers

Is it me or is there an insane number of players leaving or transferring to new schools in dynasty mode?

We just got to players leaving after year 1 of an online dynasty and there are 150 total transfers and 65 underclassmen declaring for the NFL Draft. That is absolutely ridiculous. That is two whole rounds of underclassmen declaring for the draft and 150 total transfers.

There are some CPU teams receiving 8 transfer players, one of which is Navy, which is ridiculous enough on its own. Marshall is receiving multiple defensive players rated 79 or above.

Even worse is the logic of some of these guys leaving. Dorial Green-Beckman, the 2011 High School Offensive Player of the Year (83 overall) transferred from Missouri to Nebraska (user controlled) because of playing time. He caught 14 passes! On my team, I am having an 80 rated RS FR Center transfer for playing time despite being the ONLY center on my roster and about to become a three year starter.

My personal favorite is the Georgia Tech HB from Tallahassee, FL leaving GT because he is "Home Sick" and transferring to Florida International. Keep in mind Atlanta is MUCH closer to Tallahassee than Miami is.

Most of our user teams have a realistic number of guys leaving, around the 2 to 4 range but the National Champion has 10 guys leaving early, that's 14% of his roster.

I just don't get this. I get wanting to emphasize recruiting and keeping promises (it's only year 1) and helping the lower level schools field quality teams but this is way over the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Pro

thedudescrew's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Players Leaving/Transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Is it me or is there an insane number of players leaving or transferring to new schools in dynasty mode?

We just got to players leaving after year 1 of an online dynasty and there are 150 total transfers and 65 underclassmen declaring for the NFL Draft. That is absolutely ridiculous. That is two whole rounds of underclassmen declaring for the draft and 150 total transfers.

There are some CPU teams receiving 8 transfer players, one of which is Navy, which is ridiculous enough on its own. Marshall is receiving multiple defensive players rated 79 or above.

Even worse is the logic of some of these guys leaving. Dorial Green-Beckman, the 2011 High School Offensive Player of the Year (83 overall) transferred from Missouri to Nebraska (user controlled) because of playing time. He caught 14 passes! On my team, I am having an 80 rated RS FR Center transfer for playing time despite being the ONLY center on my roster and about to become a three year starter.

My personal favorite is the Georgia Tech HB from Tallahassee, FL leaving GT because he is "Home Sick" and transferring to Florida International. Keep in mind Atlanta is MUCH closer to Tallahassee than Miami is.

Most of our user teams have a realistic number of guys leaving, around the 2 to 4 range but the National Champion has 10 guys leaving early, that's 14% of his roster.

I just don't get this. I get wanting to emphasize recruiting and keeping promises (it's only year 1) and helping the lower level schools field quality teams but this is way over the top.
I honestly have no problem with this. I have noticed that 4 and 5 star players expect to get some playing time. 14 receptions is NOT enough playing time and the Center leaving...I assume he wasn't used all year. This is why I refuse to use certain promises and if I do use them I sub them into certain formations or make sure they are on at least Special Teams. Also if you didn't make the No-RS 1st year and/or Solid Playing time 1st year then you are better off RS them so they don't leave. I have had some still transfer but this happens when you have 4 and 5 star players on a team thats loaded.

Also the Pro Draft declarations happens as well. Most don't make it but they still try. It also opens up the opportunity for others to play. I had 5 players declare for the draft 2 Juniors and 3 Sophs in my Dynasty. Sucks but it happens. Luckily I had some solid recruits and was able to go with out them.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Not sure what I think of this. One one hand I like it, but I think it is a bit over the top as PowerofRed25 says.

I understand what thedudescrew is saying, and I sort of agree, although in your example of a top recruit going to a stacked team, I ask this question.

If playing time was so important to that recruit, why is he going to a stacked team in the first place?

There has to be some sense of acknowledging the situation when the recruit decides to sign with your school. If playing time is so important, why is he agreeing to sign with a school that has returning all conference or all american caliber players? Doesn't make sense.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudescrew
I honestly have no problem with this. I have noticed that 4 and 5 star players expect to get some playing time. 14 receptions is NOT enough playing time and the Center leaving...I assume he wasn't used all year. This is why I refuse to use certain promises and if I do use them I sub them into certain formations or make sure they are on at least Special Teams. Also if you didn't make the No-RS 1st year and/or Solid Playing time 1st year then you are better off RS them so they don't leave. I have had some still transfer but this happens when you have 4 and 5 star players on a team thats loaded.

Also the Pro Draft declarations happens as well. Most don't make it but they still try. It also opens up the opportunity for others to play. I had 5 players declare for the draft 2 Juniors and 3 Sophs in my Dynasty. Sucks but it happens. Luckily I had some solid recruits and was able to go with out them.
Again, this is Year 1 of the dynasty, so no promises have taken effect. And most of the players leaving are for CPU teams. 14 receptions for a true freshman is pretty good playing time. That's probably as much as the real life Dorial Green-Beckham will get this year.

There are way too many true freshmen transferring and 150 transfers total is way too many, especially when some teams are getting 6, 7 or 8 including the service academies. Akron had 8 transfer players, including my center who left despite being the ONLY CENTER ON THE TEAM and wanting playing time. Even after telling him he'd start all 12 games, he left. Now he gets to sit out a year, really exciting playing time you've got there.

The transfer logic is just insane. It does not make sense. And 65 underclassmen declaring for the NFL Draft?! Including a Sophomore who had just come off a RS year where he didn't play.

It isn't that big of a deal but man it's disappointing seeing so many people leave in year 1.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20

There were 65 underclassmen granted eligibility for the 2012 NFL Draft, so that number isn't actually too far off.

Transfers I really can't say anything about as I'm not that huge into the College Football scene to really care much about transferring players to know if that's too high or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2012, 01:29 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz1942
There were 65 underclassmen granted eligibility for the 2012 NFL Draft, so that number isn't actually too far off.

Transfers I really can't say anything about as I'm not that huge into the College Football scene to really care much about transferring players to know if that's too high or not.
My issue with the draft is the vast number that delcare early then go as 6th & 7th rounders. Although there are a few exceptions, most early departures are 1st - 2nd round picks (or atleast project to it). It seems in this years game, most of my early departures are 6th or 7th rounders - so not only do you lose someone who you thought would be a solid SR, but you dont get a big increase in pro potential that you would have if they stayed for another year of progression and went higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »