Home

Player's leaving Error Know one Talk's about

This is a discussion on Player's leaving Error Know one Talk's about within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Player's leaving Error Know one Talk's about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The game has parameters based on ht/weight that a player must fit within for them to be draft eligible, from there it takes the top ranked players that fit within those parameters. In a way it's a reasonable way to do it. Awards and the like don't factor into it. Andrew Luck statistically wasn't the best quarterback last year but he was a unanimous top pick. Stats do not equal NFL success or even getting into the draft. Look at guys like Timmy Chang, Graham Harrell, Case Keenum, Colt Brennan etc. They had huge passing stats and only two on that list are even on a NFL roster, and aren't any threat to start.

Is it entirely realistic? Not at all, but they could've done a lot worse. I would've liked to see stats/awards have better implementation, but considering how weird the defensive sim stats [mainly looking at tackle numbers] are, I guess it's not terrible. It's too easy to win defensive awards at any school.

Next onto the freshman, what OVR were they, what stars were they when they came in? Your complaining they are leaving but it happens a lot in real life, yeah the game doesn't do the best job of factoring in the upcoming depth chart, but it is pretty cool that stockpiling talent isn't an option any more, actually having to recruit someone to be a viable backup option adds more to the recruiting in my opinion, forces you to sift through the prospect list more and not just go through their star ratings and pull in the best available every year.
That is what i said above the parameters that they decided to implement are stupid because this has never been a problem before with Juniors or even RS soph leaving who had breakout season.
It's like how the players names don't show up for half a game now when that has never been broken before. Ridiculous.
Your talking about stockpiling talent and that's exactly what i'm not trying to do by getting the appropriate people to leave so my young guys can play and get better.I know how to recruit I'm very well versed in the game.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
So you're mad because you're forced to keep good players and your team is too good?

Why not just.... cut them? Or better yet, edit them to be Seniors before you get to the offseason so they graduate.
Since i have a 99 ovr team now in every category ya i pretty much win on Heisman by 40 a game. i would like to rebuild after winning.

Cut them or make them seniors smart man.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tp801
Not sure if serious. I didn't know you could edit a players classification on your roster. How do you do this? If this was a joke or sarcasmjust ignore.
In an offline dynasty which I am playing you can before you advance to the offseason
Old 09-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
quite often you will have youth that will transfer following a freshman redshirt, if the depth chart shows them that they aren't going to touch the field and they were a 3* on a 5*+ team... why not transfer and get 4 years at a 3*- team where they will play?

My alma mater Texas has had a massive "problem" with freshman QB transferring through the years. Jevan Snead, GJ Kinne and Connor Wood are the 3 most recent, not including Garret Gilbert who transferred as a Junior.

as for players returning, not all record setting Juniors leave early nor do award winners. although remember in the NCAA a player has to be 3 years removed from highschool to enter the draft. so if your stud player was a sophmore he might not be eligible to enter the draft yet.

as for our dynasty, we had a mixed bag. most of us were losing frosh transfers but Michigan State was set to lose 9 players, juniors set for mid-round picks and frosh transfers but he convinced 4 to stay including LeVeon Bell.
You obviously didn't read my post. Point the guys who red shirted would not play now because the Juniors keep returning every year. Those Texas qb's were all garbage in a crowded over recruited backfield at Texas. Snead, Wood, and Gilbert are all not above average, only GJ had a good car-rear.

I would love to have more transfers, I would love to actually have a Transfer Request one time. But doesn't happen. The logic is broken. Compared to previous game which i've had them all RS Fresh have never left there redshirted season. I bet those juniors your guy lost had below average stats also and wanted to leave.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

1) Players transfer all the time in NCAA due to believing they wont play much on their team, even after they redshirt. If you're a HB and you sit out a year, hoping to have a shot at a starting job, then your school recruits the top HB in the nation the following year, why wouldn't you transfer?
I wouldn't recruit the top HB in the nation. I recruit needs +3. I don't need to cheat the cpu. And he wouldn't transfer because he would sit out another year and also lose that year of eligibility in your scenario.
2) Tim Tebow, Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley and probably dozens more players stay after they win awards or are considered superstar prospects at their respective positions. This past off-season in my NCAA dynasty with Wisconsin, I had 8 Juniors or JR RS, a majority of which won awards, all declare for the draft. I talked most of them back because I had no depth, but you wouldn't have to if you don't want to. It happens and it's happened to me numerous times in NCAA 13. I even let 3 guys transfer that I didn't want to talk them back. You should really recruit depth so your dynasty would be more realistic. You can name 1 or 2 high profile people per season sure but 4-5 from 1 team every year? Stockpile a team of 99ovr monsters.

3) Bryce Brown is the prime example here. He had like 2 carries for KSU and then left and got drafted by the Eagles. It happens. The NFL drafts fliers. Maurice Clarett is another example of a player who got drafted without having a good previous year. How bad was his previous year? He didn't even play a snap. Still got drafted in the 3rd round. Your talking about players who although had a bad season previously had names for themselves. On 6 minutes quarters guys with 8 tackles and 1 sack leaving with backup experience the year before.

4a and 4b) If you don't want superstar teams, then recruit worse players. Or cut the guys you think should have gone pro. Sure, occasionally there are players that should get drafted but don't, or should go pro but don't, but that's more of an outlier than an all out broken game logic issue.
Its a logic issue and that's the dumbest thing i've heard by far to recruit worse players. I recruit good players to play not to leave because of failed logic by freshman and juniors.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa13
In an offline dynasty which I am playing you can before you advance to the offseason
Is this true? I know you can't edit a player's class during the season. But you are saying that you can do it between bowl season and advance to offseason?

If this is true its great. I usually don't let my redshirt sophomores leave because they would only be 5th round picks or lower, but then the following year when they are junior, they no longer want to leave for the draft (even though I really want them to go). I believe it is because of the promises I made after their RS sophomore year.

Thanks for the help!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »