Home

After months of playing 2004....

This is a discussion on After months of playing 2004.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2003, 01:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
After months of playing 2004....

Ncaa 2004 is growing a little boring and bland. I've been playing ncaa football since '97. Now i'm not saying that 2004 is not a good game, but EA next year needs to implement more things surrounding the feel of the game. For example, I would like to see more off the field issues i.e. not making the grades to stay eligible, also the whole feel of the "on the field" needs to be updated and tweaked. On the field changes could include a half time recap, also better animations such as getting rid of the skating feel of the players on the field and SLOWING down the action on the field instead of making the game feel like pinball. Also allow transfers and give high school stats for kids your trying to recruit. All in all 2004 is a very good game that needs a couple more tweaks to make it superb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2003, 03:51 PM   #2
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: After months of playing 2004....

To each his own...every time I feel bored by the game (usually because I win too much), I move to a 1-star crap team and start over (just took over the Idaho Vandals...yeesh!)
Old 10-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #3
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I would be happy if they added the abillity to play a guy at multiple positions and have him accumulate stats accordingly.
Old 10-20-2003, 04:58 PM   #4
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I've got almost 115 games in and I'm not bored yet. I play Exhibition so I get the opportunity to try out whatever team I want. I played Dynasty for long time and I found myself simming way too many games because I just wanted to get to recruiting.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:20 PM   #5
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

bgeno said:
I've got almost 115 games in and I'm not bored yet. I play Exhibition so I get the opportunity to try out whatever team I want. I played Dynasty for long time and I found myself simming way too many games because I just wanted to get to recruiting.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2003, 09:36 PM   #6
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

SportsAce said:
Quote:

bgeno said:

Are u agreeing with me? hahaha, I can't tell what's going on.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:12 PM   #7
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24

Everytime I get bored, I try to do some of those college classics. I dont play but 1 game in my dynasty every day (year 3 with UNM)
Old 10-21-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I agree with Let'sGoPitt: Anytime you feel like you're just running over the game, step down and take over a lesser team. That's where the true challenge is. After winning back-to-back National Championships with UConn, I sat out a year and moved to Florida, which had fallen to 3 star prestige. It was hard as heck building them up. In my fifth year with them, I was ranked 22nd to start the season, and then moved up to #7 after beating #3 and #2 in consecutive weeks. Then I blow a 17 point halftime lead to Ole Miss in their place and lose 23-17, falling to #12.... The challenge in this game never dies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »