Home

What to do with the freezing.

This is a discussion on What to do with the freezing. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
Rookie

christopher5's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: What to do with the freezing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
hey guys, ive posted this a bunch of times so ignore if you have read this. I know miles has because ive directed this at him a few times with all the probs he is having.

1. if your wirelessly connected to internet you need to hardline or not be connected. this is mostly the problem. if you are hardlined and still freezing then disconnect all together from online. i have never had a prob since doing this but there are other causes.

2. the disc and your reader are not working right together. idk how many guys remember the 09 issues when xboxs were breaking when you played ncaa. this was caused by the reader and disc having issues. EA actually admitted and replaced discs. it was one specific disc and one reader that caused probs. so bring you disc back and make sure it orginates from different manufacturer. Last year you could read where it was made on the inside rim of disc itself from the bottom. its very faint. its on box for your disc also.

3. Your xbox is on the outs. sometimes its just the xbox, but you should be seeing signs of this. loud noises, freezes in other games. dashboard not very responsive.

99% of the time its been the internet causing issues. just disconnect. you wont miss anything. just come here on mondays and see if a update or tuner is coming out. hope this might help someone. i feel for you guys.
Good stuff man..i hope this works, cause i am really enjoying this game. Madden is a total bust for me without editing, so this is my vice for a while. I still can't believe tho that this wasnt addressed before the uniform store and every other shiny thing they did. I didn't buy on release day and i waited until all the bugs were supposed to be fixed..they got me. But i got the game for 30 bucks off origin so im cool with that price. Again thanks for the feedback hope this is a solution to this Huge problem.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

my game doenst freeze up that requires an xbox reset, but it constantly freezes for 3-4 seconds a at time every game.

its ridiculous.

my year 5 dynasty has just run into a glitch. i lost a chance to make the SEC championship game because florida had a ninth conference game and won it. such garbage.

EA has given up on this series/engine until the new series.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:04 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
hey guys, ive posted this a bunch of times so ignore if you have read this. I know miles has because ive directed this at him a few times with all the probs he is having.

1. if your wirelessly connected to internet you need to hardline or not be connected. this is mostly the problem. if you are hardlined and still freezing then disconnect all together from online. i have never had a prob since doing this but there are other causes.

2. the disc and your reader are not working right together. idk how many guys remember the 09 issues when xboxs were breaking when you played ncaa. this was caused by the reader and disc having issues. EA actually admitted and replaced discs. it was one specific disc and one reader that caused probs. so bring you disc back and make sure it orginates from different manufacturer. Last year you could read where it was made on the inside rim of disc itself from the bottom. its very faint. its on box for your disc also.

3. Your xbox is on the outs. sometimes its just the xbox, but you should be seeing signs of this. loud noises, freezes in other games. dashboard not very responsive.

99% of the time its been the internet causing issues. just disconnect. you wont miss anything. just come here on mondays and see if a update or tuner is coming out. hope this might help someone. i feel for you guys.
So I guess my question is what does the Internet have to do with the freeze. I'm on my third disc it's not the disc. Just curious about the Internet not arguing your point.
Old 09-17-2012, 03:49 PM   #20
Rookie

christopher5's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea not sure either why the internet would be the cure all..but if it works sweet. Just a bandaid for a while until they fix this hopefully.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

My game has frozen 3 times. All 3 are at the animator graphic before halftime. Usually I can skip the animator by pressing start really fast and that avoids it all together, but if I forget to do it that usually ends up in a freeze. My buddy has had his game freeze in the exact same spot mine does on two different occasions.

So, that basically rules out the XBOX on the outs explanation, because my XBOX is an old Elite and his is a brand new Slim. That also probably cancels out the disk being an issue, because what are the odds of two disks from two completely different locations having the exact same issue. I also doubt the internet is the problem as well because I've had it freeze both connected and not. It freezes once out of every 3 dozen games probably.

I think the issue is the game being not finished. That's my explanation. The game is sluggish on nearly every cut scene graphic. I have it installed as well with 50 GB of memory left. It's NOT my XBOX.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #22
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7

Freezes? I have logged hundreds and hundreds of hours on this game, and not ONE SINGLE FREEZE. I honestly think that this is overblown and exaggerated.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_Bronco
Freezes? I have logged hundreds and hundreds of hours on this game, and not ONE SINGLE FREEZE. I honestly think that this is overblown and exaggerated.
Im not going to spend my time searching the internet for an "overblown" problem with this game. I have tried everything from the recruiting switch fix, clearing the cashe, downloading the game to the HD, getting new disks, and Im not the only one. There is 20 pages now in the freeze thread. Good for you yours seems to work. The rest of us wouldnt make this stuff up.

Here is the issue with pressing pause to skip the highlights that works on all of them but the gametracker because you never know when it is going to come. But if it comes in the 4th qt guarentee freeze. Everyone of my Xbox games work, christ games that were not even made for the 360 like 06 works. Its a disgrace that this happens, because I'm one of the few that has great slider that work for me and thoroughly enjoy the game.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

I think I had one freeze in like 50 games before the patch. I've had 3 since, 2 in a row in my offline dynasty. Custom Playbooks? I don't know, I don't do formation subs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »