Home

One and Done

This is a discussion on One and Done within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 03:34 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
I have the opposite problem. I almost have zero interest in playing the games the first season. It's not "my" team yet, it's all the current players none of whom I recruited. Year three and four are when I begin to gain most of my interest as that's when my first couple recruiting classes are taking over the team.
I sim the 1st 2 seasons b4 I even play a game for that reason, but after a while I get bored of recruit & repeat every year.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2012, 04:22 AM   #10
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: One and Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
Occasionally I have this problem, but if I have an especially interesting recruiting class, I really enjoy the following seasons. Sometimes the second season is the hardest because I'm still playing with existing guys and the guys I recruited might not quite be good enough to step in.

I also rename all my incoming recruits to commits for that school in real life. As many as I can anyway. I don't touch their ratings or measurables so they may not be exactly like their real life counterpart, but the name, general appearance and number reflects it.

With Nebraska in particular, a few years down the line I start renaming recruits as if they were the "Junior"/son of a former Nebraska great. So like I'll have a Tommie Frazier Jr. a few years down the line when I run out of real life recruits.

Sometimes I'll do the "little brother" of a recent college player. I recently recruited a super fast ATH/QB from Hawai'i and so I named him Zach Masoli, who is Jeremiah Masoli's little brother playing QB. Although they're actually from San Fran.
I do the same thing with former players. Either create their sons or brothers, just adds a little more to the game to keep me interested. I'm in season 3 and having a blast with this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »