Home

Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something!

This is a discussion on Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2012, 03:17 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something!

Bro, I know that you are the Grand Puba when it comes to this ratings thing. So what I'm about to say you prolly knew this long ago. But...personally I've been looking at the ratings all wrong...especially when it comes to what triggers animations and special moves. I was sitting here thinking about it and it dawned on me...USE BASKETBALL TENDENCY LOGIC!!

Tendency is supposed to be set up so that a player will play/do moves/animations based on his tendency. Well in basketball, for example, if you have a back to the basket Big Man, then naturally you would put the emphasis on post moves and you would set his 3pt, Mid-Range, Drive To The Basket Tendencies at 0. That way the CPU AI Big Man will NOT attempt those types of shots/plays/animations.

So I started thinking about NCAA football player tendencies in the same way.

Up until now, for RB's I've been looking at attributes like Spin, Juke, Stiff Arm, Trucking as ratings and not Tendencies. In other words, my thinking was, the higher the rating the more effective the rating. However, when it comes to how effective a RB is in this game, that's determined by AWR and Brk TKL ONLY...mostly Brk Tkl b/c that's the rating that provides the biggest hit to the OVR. BUT...the Juke/Stiff Arm/Spin etc are for Tendency ONLY...and they only drop the OVR 1pt even if the tale it all the way down to 0. So I decided to go in and experiment.

I'm experimenting with Auburn starting with Ontario McCaleb. He is a speed back. So I went in and made the following adjustments:

Truck- 0
BCV- 99
Stiff Arm- 10
Spin- 85
Juke- 95
Elusive- 90

Now if this works the way its set up then you should see him attempt to juke defenders more than he does anything else with the spin move being then next. You should rarely see him attempt to stiff arm and never try to truck anyone. IRL this guy is a speed demon so in the open field he should be a big problem. Well, I went into Play Now mode to try it out and guess what...IT WORKS!! I haven't seen him try to truck at all...I've seen him juke and spin in the open field in 1 on 1 situations and he has taken 1 to the house in this game.

Did the opposite with the Power Back...gave them high trucking and Stiff Arm Tendency and lowered Spin, Juke to 0 and it also works.

Experimenting with the WR's right now and am finding out that Spectacular Catch rating opens up all kinds of catch animations. The thing is...not all WR's are able to make the spectacular plays. Also messing around with the Catch In Traffic. The Spin/Juke/Stiff/Truck/BCV/ELU work for WR's the same as RB's too.

Have you seen these things man?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 03:38 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Paging GotMadSkillzSon! I Think I'm On To Something!

It works to a degree, but it isn't nearly as consistent as it was in NCAA 11. I seen it work in 1 game quite fine, then boom the next 2 or 3 games nothing, then play some more games and it would work again for a game, then repeat to not working again in the following games.

NCAA 13 is highly inconsistent. Some of it is a result of the patches they did this year and some of it is just the result of how they tweaked the engine this year. But you go back to NCAA 11 and do the ratings like that, it stays consistent from game to game throughout the whole season.

For example:

Before they started releasing patches the QB scramble in NCAA 13 was quite deadly. They ran with a purpose and really was the best ball carrier on the field when it came AI running. Apparently people started complaining and about 2 patches ago they nerfed the QB scrambling running logic to the point now they run like they did in NCAA 12. Not deadly at all and just brain dead running really.

Same thing with the catch animations. In the beginning before the patches I was seeing a lot more variety being triggered on a regular basis. Now I see the same 6 catch animations trigger majority of the time.

Far as spectacular catch rating......that has been that way for the past 4 or 5 years now, when ever they 1st added the rating to the Madden series.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #3
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

So what do we lose by dumping the patches? Online play and uniform store? I'd be fine with that as neither comes close to wanting much better gameplay.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
Rookie

ate55's Arena

OVR: 1

Hell, I just might start from scratch, no patches no tuners. If this is correct then finally we can get things started.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Wish they would implement some type of global editor. I'm so damn OCD about things like this, I wouldn't be able to play a game until ALL the players in the game were edited like this. How long do you all think THAT would take lol? I'm talking every one, from every single high school player to teams I'd never see on my schedule.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

I'd be fine with that as neither comes close to wanting much better gameplay.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #7
MVP

Chedapalooza's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucas005
So what do we lose by dumping the patches? Online play and uniform store? I'd be fine with that as neither comes close to wanting much better gameplay.
I do believe there were some offline dynasty issues.. And believe it or not, coverage has been adjusted, albeit not enough.. But more so than out of box..
WCSU Football '10-'11 WR#87
UCONN HUSKIES Football
D2 Football Coach (receivers) in the PSAC
Old 09-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Yeah that's the only thing keeping me from deleting the patch right now is the fact that pass coverage was worst out the box than it is now. With that being said, I'm still contemplating...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »