Home

Where Have All The FG's Gone....

This is a discussion on Where Have All The FG's Gone.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Where Have All The FG's Gone....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
What I do for stoopidly long FG attempts is I call a FG return normal and have my return man run out of bounds at the 20 yard line to simulate a touchback on a punt.
Then its recorded as a fumble recovery and the stats get distorted. Most of the time they miss and the kicks make it to the endline as well so no return wouldn't be possible
Old 09-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I don't have my CPU FGA slider on default (I think I have it on 35 which is the lowest you can go before FG kickers start coming up 10 yards short on XPs and sadly no, that's not an exaggeration) and they miss FGs left/right at a realistic rate.
Ahh... thanks man! That'll probably help!
Old 09-19-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Then its recorded as a fumble recovery and the stats get distorted. Most of the time they miss and the kicks make it to the endline as well so no return wouldn't be possible
All of my return guys are WRs or HBs so I don't care if they end up with a bunch of fumble recoveries and I prefer that to frequently getting great field position and making the game too easy.

My guys get to return quite a few of these missed FGs (more than those that go out of the back of the end zone). If it makes it to the end line, then it wasn't an unrealistic FG attempt and I'm perfectly satisfied taking the ball with good field position. But if my guy is catching the ball at the goal line (which happens a lot with weak kickers) then I'd much rather have my WR get another FR and take the ball at the 20.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #12
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters18
Ahh... thanks man! That'll probably help!
I've made both mine and the CPU's FGA slider as low as I could. Just make sure you don't take the FGA slider below 35 because you will literally come up 10 yards short on XPs from time to time (it happened 4 times in a row to my kicker in a game before I came on here and found out why it happened). It sucks because I still make too many FGs whereas in '12 I had the user FGA slider at 10 or 15 and I had to kick it perfectly or it'd hook or slice wildly.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 PM   #13
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Football games seem to struggle with CPU FG accuracy. Over the years, I have had editions where the CPU never misses, and others where they miss way too much.

Kind of a head scratcher. While there are many complexities with a video football game, weather and CPU FG accuracy would seem pretty simple to do with some basic probability tables....yet they are often screwed up.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:00 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Play on Heisman. Any time they get to your 45, they will try FG's. Its beyond frustrating when the AI tries FG's when they should be punting. Kills the field position when they miss, might as well be a fumble.
My apologies if this was mentioned before, but what I do to combat foolish out of range FG decisions by the CPU is to quickly switch from Heisman to All-American BEFORE the CPU has a chance to pick a play on 4th down. Then I switch back to Heisman after they make the correct decision and it'll stick.

It appears the CPU makes better decisions on FGs on All American than on Heisman. This method does have a flaw because you have to remember to do it each time the CPU is in possible FG range which is somewhere after the 45 yard line going towards your own endzone.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:50 AM   #15
Rookie

ate55's Arena

OVR: 1

I have my sliders configured to Freshman and don't really want to screw with them, so I guess I'm stuck with it. Thanks though!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #16
Rookie

CHIEFxxROCKEM's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ate55
I have my sliders configured to Freshman and don't really want to screw with them, so I guess I'm stuck with it. Thanks though!

Do you really play on Freshman or did you mean to say varsity?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »