Home

Lost when it comes to sliders

This is a discussion on Lost when it comes to sliders within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
Rookie

downsouthgamer's Arena

OVR: 2
Lost when it comes to sliders

Some sets say zero stuff out while others say to max it out...Some say with the right sliders varsity is the way to go b/c it plays best....Just need help in general b//c like the title says im lost
NLF:Tennessee Titans
NBA:Memphis Grizzles
NHL:Nashville Predators
MLB:Atlanta Braves
MLB:Cincinnati Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Lost when it comes to sliders

That is because sliders in this game are a cluster****. Some of them don't work. Some of them are inverse. Some of them do what they aren't supposed to do and have unintended consequences.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #3
Rookie

C Spot's Arena

OVR: 2

Alot of it depends on how good of a player you are you just have to find some that work for you cause what works for me might not work for you
Old 09-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i had small adjustments to my sliders up until this week. i finally put everything at default. i have my subs adjusted, my penalties adjusted, play on AA and not having the slider factor i think the game plays just flat better.

seems to be more animations, seems like players maybe play to their rating more. i don't know, something just feels right with the sliders at default across the board.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

I agree with Husker. The game plays great at default AA, although I lower the tackling slider to 20 in order to promote more broken/ missed tackles and also to lower the excess amount of big hits. The problem for me is that the safety glitch is ever present on AA and Heisman. I know some people don't mind it, but it happens too often for me to enjoy the game.

There is a nice varsity set made by FistofRage in the slider section. He has basically found a way to eliminate the safety glitch.

On my last note it is very true that the sliders have been ineffective or flat out broken in some cases over past few years. Go to practice mode and you will see that the QB Accuracy slider works as intended, but in a Play Now game the slider does not affect the accuracy of the throw at all. It has more of an effect on WR catching and animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Some sliders are flat out broken and EA needs to fix them. Same with last year. This is the most frustrating game I have ever played. Don't know why I play it. Guess cause I like college football. EA FIX THE SLIDERS!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
Some sliders are flat out broken and EA needs to fix them. Same with last year. This is the most frustrating game I have ever played. Don't know why I play it. Guess cause I like college football. EA FIX THE SLIDERS!!!!!!!
It evens goes much deeper than this...There are too many gameplay issues to mention, but if the game played like a real college game out of the box and then we had working sliders that actually had visible effects we could all customiz e the game to our liking.

I will say this...Take QBA for example...It has really strange effects on the game, but if I put it at 0 or 100 the QB still throws the ball right on the receivers hands 99% of the time. The WR catch slider works, I can visibly see the effects. But unfortuunately, if 1 slider is broken, like the clipping slider or QBA slider, the integrity of the entire system has to be called into question.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #8
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

Why do I feel like if you went to the EA developers and played a game against them, they'd be confident they could fix every complaint you had, but once you played again, the problems would still be there.

I think they have a false sense of confidence about their product. Like they have built-in fixes, except that they don't fix anything.

You'd end up leaving out of boredom and frustration while he's assuring you he can fix it, to no avail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »