Home

Recruiting Tips Guide?

This is a discussion on Recruiting Tips Guide? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #17
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Recruiting Tips Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
I want to know how you guys use the scouting feature? Is there a way to tell if the guy is a gem/bust before you scout? 3 hours doesn't seem like much time to scout ANYONE unless I were to focus on just 10-15 players.

The strategy I'm using is once I get to about 80% or so, I stop scouting that player (unless a key attribute is missing like pass block for a lineman).

Any other thoughts/ideas?

Wondering the same thing... they probably progress just not as much??
I have written a thread on this subject. You can get an idea on who is a gem or bust for certain positions.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...aa-2013-a.html

As for the progression of lower players and gems or busts, in testing I have not seen any statistical evidence of progression changing based on any of the players incoming recruiting factors (star ratings, gem or bust, etc).

Last edited by PocketScout; 09-28-2012 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #18
Recruiting App

PocketScout's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Recruiting Tips Guide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shigogouhou
Don't forget to re-check for players partway through the season! Anybody Top 8 or Top 10 midway through the season is a good chance for you to steal, because that usually means nobody's been recruiting them. They're just sitting on a few boards, maybe getting 10 minutes a week as the backup plan to the team's more preferable recruiting option.
You jump in and throw 30+ minutes, scholarships, promises and positive comparisons at those kids and you'll start "stealing" commitments from far superior schools. (This also helps you improve in that now those good schools are relying on their #3 or worse option at that position the rest of the recruiting season!)
Actually the computer only recruits 11 players a week (1-5 get 60 minutes, 6-11 get 50 minutes). They will fill their board with 35, but 24 players are not allocated any time when the board is full and no one has committed.

As shigogouhou brought up these players can be stolen from the bigger schools. They will be focusing on their prime 11 and these guys are not getting any attention. Bring up the prospects top schools and look at his interest bar. If it is green there is probably a school feeding him time. If he does not have green interest, no offers and the lowest interested school on his list is less than a few hundred points back this kid should be very easy to take away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »