Home

Been playing FIFA 13, led to some observations & ideas

This is a discussion on Been playing FIFA 13, led to some observations & ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #9
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Been playing FIFA 13, led to some observations & ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i know nothing about soccer, i would consider myself in the group that doesn't like soccer. a basher of the game if you will.

why am i getting this strange urge to go buy the game?
I 100% know where you are coming from. It's almost like the quality of the game is suppressing my disdain for the actual sport. I have thought about picking it up as well. I would probably check out the demo first though.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
My point there is I think EA has got too many ratings and has totally discombobulated everything.

But this is my point though. FIFA has more ratings, more sliders, more players and more teams then NCAA and Madden. FIFA 13 plays a hell of a lot closer to real soccer on tv then NCAA plays to real football on tv. So if EA Canada is able to pull it off, there is no excuse for EA Orlando for not doing things when they have less teams and less players to worry about.

Hell even NBA 2K have more ratings and sliders then NCAA and Madden. So it can't be that they have too many ratings and sliders when in reality they have 1/4 of what the other sports games have.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

But this is my point though. FIFA has more ratings, more sliders, more players and more teams then NCAA and Madden. FIFA 13 plays a hell of a lot closer to real soccer on tv then NCAA plays to real football on tv. So if EA Canada is able to pull it off, there is no excuse for EA Orlando for not doing things when they have less teams and less players to worry about.

Hell even NBA 2K have more ratings and sliders then NCAA and Madden. So it can't be that they have too many ratings and sliders when in reality they have 1/4 of what the other sports games have.
Within the confines of the NCAA engine that they created, I can safely say that the more they add, the more they break.

Sure if you started from scratch you could develop what you wanted, but the NCAA team started from scratch on this generation and we have a game with less features and plays worse than NCAA 2006 on the PS2.

For all we know, they could be intentionally sabotaging NCAA to a degree so people will but it and then trade it in and then buy Madden. But then Madden has issues of its own. But whatever the reason, the NCAA has problems I would consider gamebreaking, or at least enjoyment killing every year. At this point, you would need a team to start from the ground up and I doubt that would happen.

They will get a chance to revamp everything when the next generation drops. But it they strike out there and don't get off on the right foot, I would imagine in 2020, we'll still be talking about 2006 on the PS2 being the best in the series if the series even lasts that long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Within the confines of the NCAA engine that they created, I can safely say that the more they add, the more they break.

Sure if you started from scratch you could develop what you wanted, but the NCAA team started from scratch on this generation and we have a game with less features and plays worse than NCAA 2006 on the PS2.

For all we know, they could be intentionally sabotaging NCAA to a degree so people will but it and then trade it in and then buy Madden. But then Madden has issues of its own. But whatever the reason, the NCAA has problems I would consider gamebreaking, or at least enjoyment killing every year. At this point, you would need a team to start from the ground up and I doubt that would happen.

They will get a chance to revamp everything when the next generation drops. But it they strike out there and don't get off on the right foot, I would imagine in 2020, we'll still be talking about 2006 on the PS2 being the best in the series if the series even lasts that long.
At this point I am seriously worried about the NCAA series going the way of the Live series. And who knows, if EA's UFC series turn out to be good, that IP just might replace NCAA.

As it stands now, NCAA is nothing more then a stop gap between Tiger Woods release and Madden's release. Just there to say hey guys it is summer time, come look at EA Sports again.

Don't know if you ever noticed, but once Madden drops, it is an EA Sports trifecta of sports games coming out within a month of each other.

Madden, NHL and FIFA. All 3 greatly out sell the NCAA series. So yeah EA could easily replace NCAA in July with their UFC game.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
At this point I am seriously worried about the NCAA series going the way of the Live series. And who knows, if EA's UFC series turn out to be good, that IP just might replace NCAA.

As it stands now, NCAA is nothing more then a stop gap between Tiger Woods release and Madden's release. Just there to say hey guys it is summer time, come look at EA Sports again.

Don't know if you ever noticed, but once Madden drops, it is an EA Sports trifecta of sports games coming out within a month of each other.

Madden, NHL and FIFA. All 3 greatly out sell the NCAA series. So yeah EA could easily replace NCAA in July with their UFC game.
Its too bad...but I really don't think EA cares. Pretty easy money for them. No other games come out in July for any genre. Thats why you always see NCAA at the top of the list. People buy this game and then turn it in when Madden drops because come july they need their football fix.

At the point, it is no longer easy money, they will discontinue the series. The main things I have problems with in this game were either working fine in previous editions or work on the lower levels of the game but not Heisman. It would appear that they could easily fix it, nobody is asking them to roll out anything new here.

But back to your point, I think it would be great if you had to have a certain skill in order to do things. I have seen LeVeon Bell of MSU successfully hurdle tacklers on 2 occassions this year, he was literall 4 feet or more off the ground each time and hit the ground running.

It would be sweet if only a few players in the country/game had the skill points to pull somethnig like this off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »