Home

Coaches challenges

This is a discussion on Coaches challenges within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Coaches challenges

So I just lost a game. I was driving down in the 4th and my RB fumbles the ball. The defense recovers, but my QB facemasks him so its another 15 yards. Naturally, I'm going to challenge it, but it says I can't because I viewed a replay or the play is unchalengable. I didn't see any replay and I'm sure that I can challenge a fumble. So I look in the replay and low and behold, my guy was down by contact. So I lost a game because:

1. There was no official review, which there should be on EVERY significant play.
2. I can't challenge a play that I should be able to challenge and win.

So now, I'm 4-6 and I have to beat Oklahoma and Illinois to make a bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Coaches challenges

The penalty probably messed it up.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Yep, penalties and turnovers on the same play=chaos. I fumbled once during a face mask penalty and the defense ran it back for a touchdown. I accepted the penalty...so I got to kick an extra point for their touchdown and I was down 6-1.

Game has never understood that it's possible to have 2 penalties on one play, and it doesn't know what to do when there's a penalty and a turnover. I've never once won a challenge though. It will overturn most things for me before I get a chance to challenge.
Old 09-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #4
Rookie

bobaloo000's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
So I just lost a game. I was driving down in the 4th and my RB fumbles the ball. The defense recovers, but my QB facemasks him so its another 15 yards. Naturally, I'm going to challenge it, but it says I can't because I viewed a replay or the play is unchalengable. I didn't see any replay and I'm sure that I can challenge a fumble. So I look in the replay and low and behold, my guy was down by contact. So I lost a game because:

1. There was no official review, which there should be on EVERY significant play.
2. I can't challenge a play that I should be able to challenge and win.

So now, I'm 4-6 and I have to beat Oklahoma and Illinois to make a bowl game.
I think we found the replacement refs!
Old 09-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Rookie

ajgator1994's Arena

OVR: 2

If it's inside 2 minutes left in the first or second half, you can't challenge the play. At that point all challenges must come from the booth. I don't know if that was what happened but just an idea. The penalty may have also messed it up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »