Home

Does subbing for your starting QB ever make sense?

This is a discussion on Does subbing for your starting QB ever make sense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:41 PM   #17
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Does subbing for your starting QB ever make sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Hmmm...Does the above have anything to do with this: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=581911

?
I think that's something different. The above is an in game thing and can change on any given play. The "on fire" icon is throughout the season.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #18

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I think that's something different. The above is an in game thing and can change on any given play. The "on fire" icon is throughout the season.
Right...what I am getting at is that maybe its effect is on the players' in-game composure/confidence.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #19
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegeezy
Right...what I am getting at is that maybe its effect is on the players' in-game composure/confidence.
All players start the game at 'neutral'. I believe that the fire icon you are talking about is if they are overall on a hot streak (for the season) -- which I think plays a small role in if they get in season progression
Old 10-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
If I have 2 comparable QBs if my starter gets cool (light blue) I'll consider it. If the the starter is cold (dark blue) I'll yoke him so quickly his head will spin. If my backup is clearly inferior I won't make a move until the starter is cold and then it'll depend on the game situation.

When QBs (even user controlled ones) get cool and cold they definitely get more inaccurate and are more prone to throwing picks.
Thats exactly what I do. Usually you can even put them back in the game after half time, but they won't be accurate as they start going cold so its worth changing to a lesser skilled QB.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
I could be wrong, but I think that only applies if the player that goes 'on fire' is an impact player
I dont believe so, most of my defense isn't star players, yet when my DE is blowing up blinking and keeps getting sacks the rest of my team will go red too, even though its early and they hadn't made any plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for everyone for replying on this thread - it is all really great stuff. I had no idea about the right trigger, right stick showing the 'hot' players, etc. I played last night and lo and behold, the 'hot' receiver was a machine. That will certainly help in play calling etc.

Which brings up another question - as EA has decided to not print instruction manuals, is there any resource outside of these great bulleting boards to learn this kind of stuff?

You guys have been pros on giving me tips on controllers, short cuts, menus, etc., but besides trial and error (and asking on these types of forums), is there any other source of all these great tid bits? It is amazing that if I did not post the question, I probably would have played for months and never know that the player streak thing even existed in the game...
Old 10-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #23

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerovt
All players start the game at 'neutral'. I believe that the fire icon you are talking about is if they are overall on a hot streak (for the season) -- which I think plays a small role in if they get in season progression
Interesting.

I'll check out the "hot steak" players' composure to start the game and will report it. I plan to play tonight after work.

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #24
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dog Boy
Thanks for everyone for replying on this thread - it is all really great stuff. I had no idea about the right trigger, right stick showing the 'hot' players, etc. I played last night and lo and behold, the 'hot' receiver was a machine. That will certainly help in play calling etc.

Which brings up another question - as EA has decided to not print instruction manuals, is there any resource outside of these great bulleting boards to learn this kind of stuff?

You guys have been pros on giving me tips on controllers, short cuts, menus, etc., but besides trial and error (and asking on these types of forums), is there any other source of all these great tid bits? It is amazing that if I did not post the question, I probably would have played for months and never know that the player streak thing even existed in the game...
The manual is digital in the game. Instead of wasting paper they just put it on the disc.

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »