Home

How to scramble w/ a QB?

This is a discussion on How to scramble w/ a QB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Cool How to scramble w/ a QB?

Quick question....how the heck can I pull down the passing icons and scramble with my QB on PS3?
I couldn't find it anywhere on the help menus and when the CPU DLine goes beast mode or my OL find something better to do than block the guy directly in front of him, I would like to have the option of running for whatever I can get....a little quicker than a dying snail.

I don't want to run an offense with a running/option QB....just not take 5-8 yard losses every time my #1 and #2 options are covered while running a pro style offense.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Too bad today's superstars don't feel this way about the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How to scramble w/ a QB?

Press R2 and move the left stick.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy_Bronco
Press R2 and move the left stick.
Not just press R2, but you gotta hold it down while you're running.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking Re: How to scramble w/ a QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN - BRAVES FAN
Not just press R2, but you gotta hold it down while you're running.
Thanks a ton. I will try it tonight. Hold R2 and take off. I was having additional problems on rollouts and moving the pocket while passing. Sometimes I hot route the hb to block and put him in motion to the left or right on overloads and roll out to that side to give my qb additional time to wait for crossing routes to open for big gains.

Thanks again both of you!

Too bad today's superstars don't feel this way about the game...
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Go_Dawgs's Arena

OVR: 0

Yea that doesn't work for me, evetytime I try and run the defensive end turns into a track star and catches me. Some straight up bull!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #6
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Dawgs
Yea that doesn't work for me, evetytime I try and run the defensive end turns into a track star and catches me. Some straight up bull!
Unfortunately, that's been a problem with this franchise for several years now. But the L2 button press does drop the passing icons and allow a scramble--the engine just somehow allows DEs to catch your QB from behind, making scrambling to the outside quite difficult.

But it's not just you or anything you're doing wrong; it's a problem with the game.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

I've found it's much easier to gain yards scrambling if you step up in pocket, inside the DE, first and then cut it outside away from the DT.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

There can be some nice holes up the middle, but chances are you're not going to outrun any of the defensive linemen. I wish EA would give us a button to drop the passing icons and allow us to scramble without having to use the sprint button because it seems like as soon as you sprint the defensive linemen all break their blocks. But that's not just a QB scrambling problem it's a problem in general with this game. Sprinting for some reason causes the defense to react differently than simply running without sprinting. And by act differently I mean immediately break blocks and run down most plays from behind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »