Home

What should i do with this recuit

This is a discussion on What should i do with this recuit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Smile What should i do with this recuit

I have TE i just signed he is a 81 overall he is 6 feet 5

I run a multiple offense mostly runs from the shotgun and i formation and flexbome and pass.

he has a 87 spec catch.

should i move him to wide out and his route running is a 83
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What should i do with this recuit

What's the rest of his position-specific ratings? It all depends on that. Need to know his blocking, speed, acceleration, strength, etc.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Are you saying you don't use a TE often in your offense? Why don't you just keep him at TE and find a playbook that will utilize this guy. I'm sure he could play WR without much problem but he might be better served as a TE. Probably won't have WR speed.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allworld
I have TE i just signed he is a 81 overall he is 6 feet 5

I run a multiple offense mostly runs from the shotgun and i formation and flexbome and pass.

he has a 87 spec catch.

should i move him to wide out and his route running is a 83
Seems like you have a Jimmy Graham hybrid type. If you have a great team with good TEs on the roster maybe you should consider redshirting him for maximum player growth. This is the type of TE you need to use all around the field. Use the quick sub option on the formation screen (Right Stick) to switch him around in WR spread formations.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
Seems like you have a Jimmy Graham hybrid type. If you have a great team with good TEs on the roster maybe you should consider redshirting him for maximum player growth. This is the type of TE you need to use all around the field. Use the quick sub option on the formation screen (Right Stick) to switch him around in WR spread formations.
yeah i run a tom osborne type nebraska offense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #6
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

If you're going old-school Nebraska, then I would put him at WR for three reasons:

1. He will probably be a much better blocker than your current WR & since you're an option-based offense that is important to get those extra yards

2. That will leave a spot on the roster for you to recruit a block-first TE & without him listed as a TE that will definitely help your playing time recruiting pitch

3. By moving him to WR, his speed will get better if he's not quite up to par. Maybe consider redshirting him to give him an offseason to build better WR attributes.

Were you able to scout his speed, acceleration, receiving, & blocking ratings before signing him?
Old 10-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
Pro

Heyuimintojsus's Arena

OVR: 8

I got the #1 TE one year. I played him at the TE spot as a freshman and he caught everything, so I moved him to WR after that, mainly slot because he had the best hands for the most part for crossing routes.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
If you're going old-school Nebraska, then I would put him at WR for three reasons:

1. He will probably be a much better blocker than your current WR & since you're an option-based offense that is important to get those extra yards

2. That will leave a spot on the roster for you to recruit a block-first TE & without him listed as a TE that will definitely help your playing time recruiting pitch

3. By moving him to WR, his speed will get better if he's not quite up to par. Maybe consider redshirting him to give him an offseason to build better WR attributes.

Were you able to scout his speed, acceleration, receiving, & blocking ratings before signing him?
yes he was like a 85 speed i think

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »