Home

Scholarships, Cutting Players and Roster Limits

This is a discussion on Scholarships, Cutting Players and Roster Limits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 PM   #17
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scholarships, Cutting Players and Roster Limits

Here is what I use I look at all the players on my roster and fill my needs according to this...

QB 4
HB 4
FB 2
WR 7
TE 4
OT 5
OG 5
OC 3
DE 5
DT 4
OLB 5
MLB 4
CB 6
FS 3
SS 3
K 2
P 2
KR 2

I don't let my KR start on my team anywhere to save his body normally move him to RB and let him just return. So I actually count that as a position. Seems to work out for me, I don't have to cut anyone and the team stays well balanced and ready to go.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:43 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNewman75
Here is what I use I look at all the players on my roster and fill my needs according to this...

QB 4
HB 4
FB 2
WR 7
TE 4
OT 5
OG 5
OC 3
DE 5
DT 4
OLB 5
MLB 4
CB 6
FS 3
SS 3
K 2
P 2
KR 2

I don't let my KR start on my team anywhere to save his body normally move him to RB and let him just return. So I actually count that as a position. Seems to work out for me, I don't have to cut anyone and the team stays well balanced and ready to go.
I really like your roster breakdown and I think I'm going to use it for reference if you don't mind. The only change I would make is to adjust the requirement for KR and just make it an ATH slot. That way they can fit into another position of required and I can poach from somewhere else for the kick return guy.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:47 PM   #19
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I really like your roster breakdown and I think I'm going to use it for reference if you don't mind. The only change I would make is to adjust the requirement for KR and just make it an ATH slot. That way they can fit into another position of required and I can poach from somewhere else for the kick return guy.
No problem at all, Normally I will tell you my KRs are ATH, but sometimes I use the extra KR/P/K spot to pick up other guys to, but when I have a JR KR/P/K go after one and red-shirt him. So when my KR/P/K are gone i have a RS FR that's ready to go.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #20
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

when you sign an ATH do you leave them as an ATH on your roster or do you change their position to what they do best?
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM   #21
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

I change their position to be honest I didn't know you could leave ATH I thought the computer changed them if you didn't. But if I'm using him as a KR i normally put him as a HB to build up his BTK and such but if the guy can actually play another position I will put him there. But many of my KRs are just KRs and have no skills anywhere else, but trust me it's worth it to allow two scholarships for a KR because giving you 7 points per game because your returner has it helps out. Often you can get a good KR at a small school to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #22
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

oh ok. I've always changed it as well, because I always thought you had to.
but the wording in some of these posts made me question if you had to or not

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »