Home

which ncaa was it when ratings truly mattered?

This is a discussion on which ncaa was it when ratings truly mattered? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: which ncaa was it when ratings truly mattered?

The impact of ratings in this game is inconsistent. But to answer the OP question, The NCAA before it went to next gen it really made a difference. The computer was smarter as well. You didnt feel cheated out when you lost a game as much as you do in this game.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 10-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
The impact of ratings in this game is inconsistent. But to answer the OP question, The NCAA before it went to next gen it really made a difference. The computer was smarter as well. You didnt feel cheated out when you lost a game as much as you do in this game.
Exactly. This is precisely why I continue to play ps2 and gamecube ncaa games. what made these games so brilliant was how robust the engine was. every player really felt unique due to small differences in player ratings. on top of that, you could change the overall style of the game through sliders that actually work with the player ratings.

and you're right, the computer was very smart as well. their playcalling was very realistic. i noticed this when i played ncaa 2005 recently. the way the cpu QBs are patient in the pocket, and then attempt to scramble when you get close to a sack is so realistic.

i think back in those days it was really fun to study the player ratings and see how players play based on their ratings. (and for WR's also their height which made a huge difference as well) the animations really showcased the differences in the ratings, especially when you look closely at O-line play over the course of a long match.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #19
Rookie

maximized98's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
I have to agree. Rating do matter. Last year I edited the every team, every player (and thanks Sundown) and it was like a new game. This year I haven't had the time to edit anything on a large scale. However from what I have done...they do matter.
I agree. After playing a season with your rosters, I was sold

I have completed the ACC, SEC and a few of other schools on 13, it is worth the time.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:32 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
I can say without shadows of doubt that ratings do matter in this game. I think EA's major problem is that the ratings are too blasted high. For example...

A player does not have to have 95 speed to be fast on this game. 95 speed on this game is warp speed. Some would think that if you edited down and had the fastest guys at 80-82 that they would move slow; but that's just not the case. EA's football field is too small to have players running around at 90 speed.

Also, for people who have issues with QB's being too accurate...do this...

Go in and pick any QB and edit his QB ACC rating to 0. Then play a game with that same QB and I guarantee you that you won't be able to complete anything. Forget the QB ACC slider for a second. Go edit that QB rating and then report your findings.

Lastly...find out which ratings matter most to the particular positon you are trying to rate. The bottom line is you have to be willing to go under the hood and put in work. Some people aren't...some don't have the time and i feel that. But, if you do I guarantee it will take your gaming experience to another level!

I'm currently shifting my focus from individual players per say to rating the players based on the scheme they run IRL with help from Madden CCM manual. I'm currently working on Bama's defense to be an attacking style 3-4 Defense.
How has your testing going with those rating theories? Any new discoveries?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:50 AM   #21
Banned

PatriotJames's Arena

OVR: 20

Just had a thought... we have a speed threshold, why cant we have a threshold for each main rating? That would be awesome to be able to put a QB accuracy threshold at 25 because i felt that was more real.

I think '11 ratings mattered most for next gen. PS2/XBOX I think was 06?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotJames
Just had a thought... we have a speed threshold, why cant we have a threshold for each main rating? That would be awesome to be able to put a QB accuracy threshold at 25 because i felt that was more real.

I think '11 ratings mattered most for next gen. PS2/XBOX I think was 06?
07 was definitely the best version on old gen. It was almost perfect (except dreaded jump snap feature).
Old 10-23-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
Rookie

TheCapstone32's Arena

OVR: 3

I notice the ratings difference in this game. Sometimes I wonder what people expect from EA. Is any sports game PERFECT out of the box? It usually involves some tinkering, slider and roster fixes. Every year NCAA disappoints me out of the box, I find some great sliders, edit the rosters and all of the sudden I find myself loving the game like I have since NCAA 2002.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #24
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytarious5
what about DL vs OL
low rated DL vs High rated OL
and
high rated DL vs low rated OL

I remember ncaa football 10 for ps2, I had built a powerhouse with Army after many years, I had the best defensive lineman in the country and it clearly showed on the field. He was either dominating lineman with his strength or chasing down quaterbacks with his speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »