Home

Best gem ever?

This is a discussion on Best gem ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #25
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Best gem ever?

I just thought of this, but would it work if you were in the recruiting process, and you haven't recruited anybody, you save it, then add random 2* and 3* players and see if they're gems and just scouting them 100% to find the right player. Would that work? Then you just remove the ones that aren't gems and such. Then exit and re-load. That would be a huge cheat though, but it would be interesting to try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #26
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_man123
I just thought of this, but would it work if you were in the recruiting process, and you haven't recruited anybody, you save it, then add random 2* and 3* players and see if they're gems and just scouting them 100% to find the right player. Would that work? Then you just remove the ones that aren't gems and such. Then exit and re-load. That would be a huge cheat though, but it would be interesting to try.
And now im off to start my offline Umass dynasty lol.
Seriously, i dont know why i didnt think of this before.
Ill have those guys in the NC mix in no time.

Also, this is a side note, has anyone else noticed that the state of Florida seems to be packed with A TON of gems?
Ive recently started recruiting that state heavily in all my dynasties and there are a ton of sleepers there.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

When y'all have a high prestige team do y'all go for the 4-5 star guys that always fall or the gems??
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #28
Rookie

dude_man123's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
And now im off to start my offline Umass dynasty lol.
Seriously, i dont know why i didnt think of this before.
Ill have those guys in the NC mix in no time.

Also, this is a side note, has anyone else noticed that the state of Florida seems to be packed with A TON of gems?
Ive recently started recruiting that state heavily in all my dynasties and there are a ton of sleepers there.
Yeah, I just had a random thought when I was reading the OP. It's pretty genius though, and it might be easy to recruit, then again, it would be super time consuming picking the right recruits that have a 8+ overall attributes. I would totally do this, but the time is what's holding me back.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #29
MVP

Greekcian's Arena

OVR: 1

Not really a gem but an athlete with 95 speed, 96 acceleration with an overall of 86 as wide receiver I count as a gem anyway :P
He's now a sophomore and the guy really doesn't care if the pass is off or if he's double-covered, catches everything.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_man123
That should work for offline dynasty but I think online dynasty syncs when you use scouting minutes so you couldn't trick it that way.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:45 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 0

In my current dynasty that mimics the CFB season, I have a FB that before scouting was a 71, and after was an 80. Also, found a 6'7" 227 lb Athlete that went from a 67 Overall to a 79 overall with 88 speed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #32
Rookie

The best gem I ever got was a WR who was a 3* rated at 65 pre-scouting. He was an 80 ovr +15 gem post-scouting! I redshirted him his freshman year and he was a 99ovr his senior season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »