Home

Best gem ever?

This is a discussion on Best gem ever? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Best gem ever?

not the biggest jump i've had from a player but from a needs standpoint by far my best gem. he was a 73 overall CB. after scouting he became

81 overall
98 spd
85 man
85 zone
90 agi
93 acc
91 jump
6ft 3in 200 lbs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #42
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

I found another OG 3* gem today. He ended up being a +12 80 overall.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
I found another OG 3* gem today. He ended up being a +12 80 overall.
Dang, any tips on scouting?
Old 11-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #44
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

Nice finds, best Ives had is a +10 OT.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #45
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow218
Dang, any tips on scouting?
Search for 3* OLmen and look at the teams in their top 3 spots. If you see Alabama, Oregon, Florida, USC, etc., and they are still in top8 or top 10 phase, then there's a good chance that they are gems. 1 hour of scouting will give you their real overall. Both of the gem OLmen that I recently got were found after several weeks of recruiting 4* and 5* OLmen with no success. The gems are not being recruited heavily, if at all.

I typically recruit 3-4 OLmen each year, so I'm seriously considering only going after 1-2 top guys that I'm in their top 3, then go after the 3* gems later. I could use the recruiting minutes on other players at other positions early on.

PocketScout has a great thread talking about real ratings. He talks about measurables and ratings not matching up, thus predicting possible gems.

Last edited by VonRye; 11-24-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
Search for 3* OLmen and look at the teams in their top 3 spots. If you see Alabama, Oregon, Florida, USC, etc., and they are still in top8 or top 10 phase, then there's a good chance that they are gems. 1 hour of scouting will give you their real overall. Both of the gem OLmen that I recently got were found after several weeks of recruiting 4* and 5* OLmen with no success. The gems are not being recruited heavily, if at all.

I typically recruit 3-4 OLmen each year, so I'm seriously considering only going after 1-2 top guys that I'm in their top 3, then go after the 3* gems later. I could use the recruiting minutes on other players at other positions early on.

PocketScout has a great thread talking about real ratings. He talks about measurables and ratings not matching up, thus predicting possible gems.
Thanks a lot!
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #47
Pro

mattynokes's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by iahawkeyedds
Funny his name is Nugent. As tOSU had a Groza winning PK in 2004 named Mike Nugent.
And that for Nugent's first two years their punter was Andy Groom, who I believe was a Ray Guy finalist. So, it's a very fitting name.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:31 PM   #48
Rookie

over9000yards's Arena

OVR: 9

Is it weird that I signed the #1 or #2 kicker and he was a 4 star player 84 overall?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »