Home

The blocking, tackling and challenges are horrible.

This is a discussion on The blocking, tackling and challenges are horrible. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Rookie

Zilla85's Arena

OVR: 0
The blocking, tackling and challenges are horrible.

I swear this game has the worst blocking and tackling I have ever seen. I would expect at least some of my linemen to be able to block a man and hold him from running past him. But no, every play or so I have 3 defensemen running straight up the middle and showing that my linemen didn't even try to stop him.

Tackling on the other hand, wow. I have the qb right in my dead sights and get right up to him and I press to tackle, what does he do? He pushes the quarterback. Great tackle. All they do is push each other, don't even attempt a tackle, wtf is that bs?

Which leads me to replays. On the field they show it as either a clear out of bounds catch or something else and during replay, all the sudden that player is nowhere near the out of bounds line? I've had numerous plays stand because they clearly caught it out of bounds, I challenge, then they still call it a catch even though he didn't get one toe in bounds.

Also what is with the CPU miracle plays on 3rd down? They always get in a bad situation like 3rd and 17 or 4th and 80 and the next play is always like a hail mary and their receiver makes my defenders look like slugs and grabs it for a first down... every single time. I could be in any possible defense, could have 99 speed, could be anything and he'll still run passed 4 of my guys like it was nothing, but when I try that, I get picked off or my guys look slow as fudge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The blocking, tackling and challenges are horrible.

you forgot /vent or /rant

Seriously though blocking doesn't seem that bad to me if the guys you get on your team have good blocking. Tackling eh its hit or miss but I feel like most players in this game after the first few years have a low tackle unless you recruit for it. and challenges I really don't have that problem, normally after I challenge a play after they tell me how it went I check in reply though I have had a few times they called it wrong on a challenge both ways for me and against me.

Last edited by RonNewman75; 10-22-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #3
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

The challenge system blows. Options would be a start.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #4
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

I wish my defense would dive on the ball when it's in front of em on a fumble without me having to do it myself, and that's if I even make it time before the offensive guy dives on it.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilla85
I swear this game has the worst blocking and tackling I have ever seen. I would expect at least some of my linemen to be able to block a man and hold him from running past him. But no, every play or so I have 3 defensemen running straight up the middle and showing that my linemen didn't even try to stop him.

Tackling on the other hand, wow. I have the qb right in my dead sights and get right up to him and I press to tackle, what does he do? He pushes the quarterback. Great tackle. All they do is push each other, don't even attempt a tackle, wtf is that bs?

Which leads me to replays. On the field they show it as either a clear out of bounds catch or something else and during replay, all the sudden that player is nowhere near the out of bounds line? I've had numerous plays stand because they clearly caught it out of bounds, I challenge, then they still call it a catch even though he didn't get one toe in bounds.

Also what is with the CPU miracle plays on 3rd down? They always get in a bad situation like 3rd and 17 or 4th and 80 and the next play is always like a hail mary and their receiver makes my defenders look like slugs and grabs it for a first down... every single time. I could be in any possible defense, could have 99 speed, could be anything and he'll still run passed 4 of my guys like it was nothing, but when I try that, I get picked off or my guys look slow as fudge.
What kind of team ratings (you and opponent) are we looking at and what are your sliders?

As for the blocking, my guys block well. I'll take some sacks from time to time but not an unrealistic amount. My linemen block very, very well on run plays. If I have a lead blocker (FB/TE/pulling G) they usually miss the first guy badly, but my normal O-linemen do an excellent job on run blocking.

As for the tackling, you said you "press to tackle." Your description of what happens (pushing the QB) sounds like you're talking about the hit stick. That's a risk/reward stick where you can get a big hit and possibly force a fumble, but to balance it out you're more likely to just miss as well as more likely to miss the tackle (I describe it as my defender bouncing off the ball carrier). A much more fundamental way to get the tackle is to use the tackle button (X on xbox). I get many more tackles (and obviously many fewer fumbles) using this and I've never ever seen my defender just "push" the ball carrier.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

All expierence from Heisman gameply
Blocking- Passing Offensive line blocking just needs more rating influence, it's not bad it's just random like the times when they let a Dlineman run around them untouched for a sack? The new break PlayAction animation has been so valuable.
Run blocking don't slide protect on counters as they overrun blocks : running up middle pinch protect in they'll double team, if they show blitz or short yardage aggressive protect. Power's, stretch, and toss slide protect the direction of the play.
Tip-Recruit Strength and Balanced lineman :If run blockers put them at Guard: If pass block put them at tackles only,Specifically RT as the Left D Ends get the most pressure on passing downs.
Tackling- Their going to miss tackles on heisman but having guys with high tackle rating and using the tackle button X on xbox is the best option. Tip- learn to user tackle and strafe if you don't know how.
Challenges- are too slow and ridicilous....
3RD Downs- aggressive pass rush, angle Dline to the left (qb right), if they in trips usually a slot WR deep out route, if quads 2 on each side usually a back post route.
Tip- Zone defense works! If you Defensive adjust PLAY PASS! LT+UP
Just learned this, call zone and play pass and they will pass WR off to next person and cover their zones short and deep just like the cpu does. If you zone blitz just show blitz and play pass zones will be covered. Warning If they run or draw they will get yards, and I suggest playin on Dline during zone as a user could mess up the rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »