Home

Bring football back to PC

This is a discussion on Bring football back to PC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 13
Bring football back to PC

EA needs to man up like most other larger software gaming companies and bring football back to the PC. Of the sports game community, football, which unfortunately is monopolized by EA, is the only sports titles that are not on PC. They use poor excuses for not bringing them back to the PC so that these titles can continue to be closed system games. FIFA is well ahead of NCAA and madden in pretty much all aspects. Even EAs and 2ks NBA are on PC, but not football which is more soughtly bought. It seems absurd to me that titles as big as NCAA and madden are left with just two systems when the most advanced platform is ignored.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
It wasnt until this year that i would havehad any interest in a pc version, however if they went to the pc next year i think that'd be the version i bought.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Bring football back to PC

personally i wish 2k would just get the rights to football altogether...i am sure they would do a much better job and put it on pc too
Old 10-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #4
MVP

speedy43's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk_wess
personally i wish 2k would just get the rights to football altogether...i am sure they would do a much better job and put it on pc too
Although, they'll soon have the right to make an NCAA licensed game, their last attempt was just awful.

I would love to see the game brought back to the PC and I believe we would have a great community here to make improvements and bring more customization to the game that would make this a really great product.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy43
I would love to see the game brought back to the PC and I believe we would have a great community here to make improvements and bring more customization to the game that would make this a really great product.
And this is your answer. EA knows about the modding community and isn't about to release their cash cow (US, at least) to them. If people can continue to mod Madden, why would they buy the next year's game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #6
Rookie

FIFA has been like that for years. The modding community have been modding FIFA and it still is released year after year. Football is behind in all aspects and is neglecting the most advanced platform around. Even when ps4 and the Xbox 720 are finally released, the PC will still be more advanced and yet it isn't being utilized. To me that is sad.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranor
FIFA has been like that for years. The modding community have been modding FIFA and it still is released year after year. Football is behind in all aspects and is neglecting the most advanced platform around. Even when ps4 and the Xbox 720 are finally released, the PC will still be more advanced and yet it isn't being utilized. To me that is sad.
FIFA is also not the only option for soccer fans. Madden/NCAA are the only football ones. If FIFA weren't put out on PC, soccer fans would find some other option and mod it to make realistic teams, schedules, cups, etc.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be put out for PC, either. Just giving my thoughts on why it isn't. I bought MVP and modded the heck out of that. I'd love to see the same kinds of things happen for Madden/NCAA but I don't think it'll happen.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Being ncaa football back to PC. As time goes on, consoles ever fall behind. Tired of overly long loading screens? PC will load instantly. Tired of the space excuse. No worries as PC has plenty of space (moving passed 2TB).
Next gen comes out, PC will still be well passed the consoles so it should only stand to reason PC should be included in the football world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »